• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

7 dead in drive by shootings in Isla Vista (Santa Barbara, CA)

8 0 5

Just woke up to dozens of friends and family members talking about a shooting that occurred last night in a small college town called Isla Vista, where students from UCSB and SBCC live.

Turns out someone drove around firing shots last night, killing 6 before getting in a shoot out with police and then killing himself after crashing.

I have a handful of friends and family members living there and so far everyone is safe but there are still some I'm waiting to hear back from...

yea the dude is a straight up psychopath...

sounds like he was so use to getting everything he wanted and was pampered his whole life that when girls didn't want him (probably because he's a creepy little poo) he short circuited.

unreal and my thoughts with those involved. crazy that the parents alerted authorities a month ago about these types of videos and they did nothing.

He was diagnosed at a young age with several mental illnesses including Asperger's Syndrome. AS is a form of autism, that among other things, causes individuals to lack the ability to sense emotion in themselves an their peers. He was a very ill kid.

He was a good looking guy, so it's likely he was a virgin because he's always came across as a strange individual.

Kids parents have swiss money and it looks like they just shoveled money to him, putting him in an apartment and buying him anything he wanted. They said he was taking medication and seeking counseling but it looks like his parents just threw money at him to keep him from being a burden to them.

Also note reporting they found 3 bodies in his apartment.

His entire YT channel was removed but I guarantee he has said and done things in the past that should've thrown up huge red flags that he was capable of something like this. Most likely it was just ignored.

The real story is gun control. It's illegal to murder someone, illegal to conceal a firearm in a vehicle without permits, illegal to have a firearm on a college campus, illegal to possess or purchase a firearm when you've been diagnosed with mental defects, etc. Clearly if there was just one more law such as an extra background check or limit on number of rounds from 11 to 6 this entire tragedy would've been avoided. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE?!?!

The real story is gun control. It's illegal to murder someone, illegal to conceal a firearm in a vehicle without permits, illegal to have a firearm on a college campus, illegal to possess or purchase a firearm when you've been diagnosed with mental defects, etc. Clearly if there was just one more law such as an extra background check or limit on number of rounds from 11 to 6 this entire tragedy would've been avoided. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE?!?!

Apparently he drew 3 people into his apartment and knifed them.

It's not guns, it's the system that fails to treat the mentally ill.

But keep on missing the need.

It's actually 10 dead.

The system failed hard here.

Spent so many happy days partying with friends in IV in my younger days.

Only good thing here is the perp is dead.

I don't find it good that he is dead. I find it sad that nobody cared to get him the help he needed. It's pretty obvious his parents knew he was sick but just gave him money and kept him away.

Apparently he drew 3 people into his apartment and knifed them.

It's not guns, it's the system that fails to treat the mentally ill.

But keep on missing the need.

You missed the sarcasm. I know guns aren't the problem. You could wave a magic wand and make every gun on the earth disappear and violence wouldn't go anywhere.

IE- Boston Bombing

People have caused 100x more damage with pressure cookers, diesel fuel, and fertilizer than guns.

Archived