• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MMQB Ranks the running Qbs.

Pox 08

*read more*

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/05/andrew-luck-russell-wilson-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-cam-newtown-running-quarterbacks-analysis/

I took the opportunity to break down every run by Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck from the 2013 regular season. Each player, save for Luck, had about 100 rushing attempts. After watching them all in a row, you start to notice patterns. I charted those patterns, focusing on (a) how successful each player’s scrambles and designed runs were, and ( B) whether the scrambles stemmed from good or bad decisions.

So often, running quarterbacks run because they can’t recognize where to throw.

Not sure I agree with Qbs only running when they are basically too stupid to see where to throw the ball.

TL;DR.  Luck is apparently the best running qb in the league.  With Cam in 2nd in most categories.  Wilson is the worst in some categories.

*read more*

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/05/andrew-luck-russell-wilson-colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-cam-newtown-running-quarterbacks-analysis/

TL;DR.  Luck is apparently the best running qb in the league.  With Cam in 2nd in most categories.  Wilson is the worst in some categories.

Well don't you know Andrew Luck has already surpassed Peyton Manning as a passer.  Makes sense he's also the best running quarterback in the league because he's just so darned smart.

Why don't we all just continue to ignore his turnovers and put him in the hall of fame 15 years too soon.

edit:  And then I read the article.  I mean wow... just hilarious.  Apparently not a single sack Luck took was his fault, but for every other qb listed it was their fault plenty of times.

Then theres: "Newton is clearly a half-field reader."

Good quick read... Interesting cam had 17 coverage sacks and only 11 were the fault of his blockers... Wonder how many sacks he would have had due to blocking if he didn't scramble so well.

Love that cam scrambled for first downs 17 times out of 21 tries on third downs... That is just amazing stat.

After reading the article I just got the impression that Luck can do no wrong.  Nothing is ever his fault.   Not a single sack he took was his fault...not a single run was out of place..

Best running qb.

Up next,  Andy Benoit smells and ranks the farts of a few Qbs.    The winner of the best smelling fart may surprise you.

Peyton being the best qb in the league...and literally only shuffles his slow ass out of the pocket when it is an absolute must...  wouldn't that make Peyton the best running qb in the league?

Well, tied for 1st,  with Luck.

It's always a good sell when a white guy is ranked atop in black men's game(Charles Barkley's word). That's what this Luck and Manziel thing is all about. You didn't expect them to be objective, did you? It keeps a people hoping. I'm okay with that.

Archived