• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance: Market Value vs Your Value

bLACKpANTHER

What would you pay for Lance?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the market value of Lance?

• $6 mil @ year
    • $7 mil @ year
    • $8 mil @ year
    • $9 mil @ year
    • $10 mil @ year +
  2. 2. What would you be willing to pay to make him a Hornet?

• $6 mil @ year
    • $7 mil @ year
    • $8 mil @ year
    • $9 mil @ year
    • $10 mil @ year +
  3. 3. What do you think Lance will make in FA?

• $6 mil @ year
    • $7 mil @ year
    • $8 mil @ year
    • $9 mil @ year
    • $10 mil @ year +

I said I think his market value should be around $9m. As the Hornets and due to his craziness I would only pay $7m. I do think someone in the league will overpay 10m+. 

This all being said. I do not want him on our team. If it happens I will support it but he is definitely on my do not want list. I do not want his crazy antics on my team. 

He's going to get more than 9 mil you guys are in over your head if you think a guy with his production isn't going to get 8 figures

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Agree.

He's more in the range of 9mil per season, but he'll probably get $11-12. I don't think he'll get more than 12.

Just some snippets from Zach Lowe's Grantland article on the subject, including thoughts about Charlotte being one of the 3 contenders for his services...As he finishes the article, he states (as below) that some teams think/hope he cost himself money and that the market starts in the 6-8 range. But, he also says a team (he mentions the Lakers) could get ballsy and throw out a 1 year, 15 million type deal or one that is incentive laden. 

"Stephenson should fit any long-term picture the Pacers have of themselves; they know him best and he’s comfortable there. But price could be an issue. Indiana is hoping Stephenson has cost himself some money, and there are lots of teams waiting around to see if the market starts in the $6 million–$8 million range — a spot at which they might dive in. The Pacers would outbid that, but it takes only one daring team to take a leap and smash that market apart."

Charlotte Hornets: Michael Jordan is talking big, and the Bobcats have money to spend. Gerald Henderson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are nice players, but MKG is in the midst of a full-blown shot reconstruction, and Henderson can’t reliably shoot from deep or create off the bounce.

Stephenson would provide some juice for an offense that needs it, as well as ensure that Kemba Walker isn’t overburdened. He just spent four years learning a defensive system that isn’t much different from what Steve Clifford runs. Charlotte got a taste of winning, and they’re hungry for more.

Archived