• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm pulling for Mexico

Jeremy Igo

Had lunch yesterday at La Unica in Huntersville (GREAT mexican joint btw) and didn't realize it was the same time that Mexico was playing.

That place was awesome. Tons of green jerseys everywhere and so many great sports fans. I don't like soccer at all but I found myself getting into it just from the ambient energy in the room.

So.... Go MEXICO! Up next, Brazil....

Had lunch yesterday at La Unica in Huntersville (GREAT mexican joint btw) and didn't realize it was the same time that Mexico was playing.

That place was awesome. Tons of green jerseys everywhere and so many great sports fans. I don't like soccer at all but I found myself getting into it just from the ambient energy in the room.

Trust me, find ur self a team and follow it for few weeks. U will get hooked on soccer. EPL is shown on Fox every Saturday and Sunday morning.

There is no doubt that Mexico has an admirable fan culture - it's hard not to appreciate it. But as an American soccer fan, let me make an analogy to illustrate how treasonous your comment sounds to an avid USMNT fan:

Had lunch yesterday at this bar in Atlanta (GREAT wings joint btw) and didn't realize it was the same time that the Falcons were playing.

That place was awesome. Tons of red and black jerseys everywhere and so many great sports fans. I don't like football at all but I found myself getting into it just from the ambient energy in the room.

So.... Go FALCONS! Up next, Cowboys...

I know that's not where you're coming from...just saying, it's tough to hear. Regardless, it's great that you experienced the excitement of watching a game at this level with serious fans. I do think it makes the game more attractive to the casual fan (or non-fan) when they see how passionate people are about the sport. It was like the first time I took my now wife back home to NC and watched a Duke-UNC game at a bar. She comes from SEC country where people give zero fugs about college basketball.

haha

But I have NEVER seen any USA fans be this excited in a bar.

You've been going to the wrong bars then... we have plenty of hyped fans when the USMNT takes the stage.

I'd say they go even crazier when it's the women's team, for good reason - Alex Morgan and Hope Solo /drool.

haha

But I have NEVER seen any USA fans be this excited in a bar.

Didn't take a video but this is how it was at that moment where I watched too. In the morning. On a work day.

I know there are good soccer bars in Charlotte.

Don't root for Mexico. They are our bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

So many bitter and envious Gringos.

Hey Delhommey, how many times has Mexico made The US our bitch, son? :lol: Stay down.

You should be more grateful to the team that permitted you to be in Brazil.

And Mexico dominating? Hah. When? The 90's?

Dos a cero.

Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

Archived