• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup Ratings

MCC

http://m.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2014/news/article/2014/06/17/world-cup-ratings-are-usa-ghana-second-highest-group-stage-match-ever-us

The TV ratings are in for the US-Ghana match, posting a 7.0 on ESPN. That doesn't include people who watched on digital apps like watch espn, online through Univision, and listening on the radio.

I'd bet by the end of the tournament, all records for ratings will be broken.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

USA Ghana came on the West Coast at 3pm. No way the casual USA loving American left work to watch it. You are mostly getting real fans and young people.

How does a 7.0 compare to say, Monday Night Football? And do you think all the bars and viewing parties are accounted for? Can that skew the numbers?

USA Ghana came on the West Coast at 3pm. No way the casual USA loving American left work to watch it. You are mostly getting real fans and young people.

How does a 7.0 compare to say, Monday Night Football? And do you think all the bars and viewing parties are accounted for? Can that skew the numbers?

I think Monday Night Football averaged like 14 million viewers this year.

There is no way these ratings can accurately take into account viewing parties. One of the biggest things about soccer is the camaraderie, especially during international play. It's all about watching with other supporters.

I just remember in 2002 I was working and I couldn't watch the games in Korea. On top of that my family did not have a cable television plan. I bet there are tons of people out there that rather go to the bar then pay a hundred bucks or more for cable. And then there are teenagers on Summer break with no cable plan and unwelcome at bars. I remember it being very hard to watch Soccer as a teenager in the late 90s early 00s.

Univision probably pulled a big number too. I honestly like to check Univision because I love the commentary. I don't understand a lick of it but it's exciting.

If you somehow get Azteca 7 from a satellite provider, you should watch it there. They are the best and the commentary is lively as heck. Even if you don't understand it, you can get the gist of it and get excited too. 

Archived