• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets to reveal new Uniforms this week.

Only tweaks for me would be pinstripes for home. Dif color maybe white #'s on teal and purple jersey.

Maybe have totally dif piping on the side for each but cant really complain.

Looks good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

There's an article on ESPN about the significance of moving the NBA logo to the back of the jersey. It's speculated they may allow sponsorship on the jerseys soon.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11109976/nba-move-league-logo-back-jerseys

If so, Jordan could be a sponsor and Adidas couldn't do anything about it.

I still find it stupid that Adidas owns the rights, they are throwing their logo on something they didn't even design..

The potential ads on Jerseys will more than likely be a league wide sponsership deal, so Jordan Brand is probably off limits .

I disagree, the NBA would make an infinitely more amount of money if each team had their own sponsor.

I suspect they would do something similar to the European leagues meaning that each team has their own sponsor.

I like the new uniforms, although like the new logo, I'm seeing a lot of negative feedback from old Hornet fans around the internet. 

The way I see it, there will always be a group of old people who are going to dislike anything about this new Hornets look and feel, because anything other than recapturing their youth feels wasted. They want this to feel like 1993 and LJ, Zo, Allen Bristow, etc all over again.

The thing about throw backs is they are only cool in moderation, as teasers. When they are overdone, they become a novelty.

Plus, the team would re-branded itself in the 20 years since Shinn left, assuming he never took the club to New Orleans, so let's stop acting like it's dishonorable for Jordan to update the Hornets brand in freakin' 2014.

This is a more nice modern look, no doubt about it. Would I wear it and do I like it as much as the old uniforms? No. BUT, sometimes you have to pick your battles. In the end, for those of you whining about not having it all (pinstripes, the old logo, etc)... the name is back and with it the references to "buzz" and "hive" are back, and the colors are back too! In the end, it will begin to feel like 1993... so enjoy the ride!

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with advertisements on jerseys. Who cares? If it's an opportunity for more money to be made with the only detriment being the aesthetic appeal of a jersey than what the fug ever.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived