• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"You are what your record says you are" Bill Parcells

Jmac

Just curious....do some of you think we will be as bad as some are predicting and our play from last season was not a indicator of how the team will be moving foward (barring major injuries)?

No. I personally feel the media has no idea what they're talking about, stemming from not watching or knowing much about the Panthers. So yes, I would say they're wrong.

Nonetheless, people are giving you a hard time, cause last year was last year. And even if they lost no one, the Panthers haven't had back to back winning seasons in god knows how long.

So until proven otherwise, what the team did last year doesn't mean much to a lot of people (and on genereral principle).

That's the nature of the NFL until proven otherwise.

But hey, some of us appreciate your good will and cheer.

And don't put much stock in what the r-tard media will lambast us for during vanilla scheme preseason games either. Just pay attention to the individual routes, coverages, athleticism, etc.

But seriously, I can't fuging wait to see some of the new team elements in semi-real game action.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah, it's amazing the disconnect between the doom and gloom of what the National media is writing, compared to the careful optimism that many Panther fans have looking toward next season, due to the fact they were never happy with the receiving group to begin with.

No. I personally feel the media has no idea what they're talking about, stemming from not watching or knowing much about the Panthers. So yes, I would say they're wrong.

Nonetheless, people are giving you a hard time, cause last year was last year. And even if they lost no one, the Panthers haven't had back to back winning seasons in god knows how long.

So until proven otherwise, what the team did last year doesn't mean much to a lot of people (and on genereral principle).

That's the nature of the NFL until proven otherwise.

But hey, some of us appreciate your good will and cheer.

Try never. Never had back-to-back winning seasons.

New season. Last years' record means nothing.

amen brotha --- if you don't believe it...ask the atlanta falcons. 2012 they were 10 yards from going to the superbowl. in their minds 2013 had to be their year...they were entitled to it right???? WRONG. 

Just curious....do some of you think we will be as bad as some are predicting and our play from last season was not a indicator of how the team will be moving foward (barring major injuries)?

Well honestly I don't really think anyone knows. In the mid to long term I think that we are obviously headed in the right direction. As for this coming season, a lot is going to depend upon what we already know are potential problems---Cam's protection; legitimacy, quality and quantity of weapons; and, play calling to exploit and maximize real and potential talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I have a hunch that we will be in the same neighborhood as last year. I am hoping that we will still pick up a veteran LT and WR before the regular season because in mind (looking from the outside in) that would give us a chance to surpass last season's mark.

In the end, we'll just have to wait and see. I am less concerned with history and the long term future than whether or not Gettleman did enough to help the team this season. I believe we are close.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Just from all my reading as a regular lurker, message boards suck during the offseason, too much re-hashing and far to much complaining but at least this thread is somewhat cheery and positive, I believe in and love my panthers.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

That's why you gotta roam around...check out the lounge and the lovely ladies. 

That's why you gotta roam around...check out the lounge and the lovely ladies. 

I may try that thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Jang...you are a bad influence....I salute you.

And now, for something completey different...

Archived