• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Arthur

Darth Biscuit

No... The eye is almost due east of Wilmington right now about 20 miles offshore.

Pender and Onslow Counties are about to get lashed and it's going to landfall around Morehead or New Been I think... Maybe slightly north of that. Hatteras is probably going to get some surge.

I don't know where you Wilmington guys are located, but there was a tornado that touched down about a quarter mile from where I work and we had about 60 to 70 employees crammed up in our kitchen and work room area. That was about the most exciting part of the storm yesterday.

Yep. My cleanup consisted of moving the lawn furniture back out of the garage and washing leaves off my truck...

Cookin is right... It turned pretty sharply just south of Bald Head and stayed completely offshore of our beaches.

Haven't heard how Hatteras faired but it shouldn't be too bad.

About the max wind we saw was around 50mph.

I live about 30 minutes east of Greenville on the pamlico sound, right on the water front

I'm considered essential personnel at my job so I have to be at work even if they have to send someone to pick me up haha, happened durning the snow storm this past winter.

I live on the Pamlico as well. It really didnt get as bad as we thought it would. What area do you live in?

At Ocean Isle we waited for a break in the rain as the bands rolled thru, went to the Wing and Fish Company in Shallotte, had some fish tacos and went to OIB pier to watch the sunset.

We were also hoping all the tourists would go total 'fraidy cat and leave... but they didn't. As much as all of us locals kept telling them "this was the big one" they didn't seem to believe us.

I don't know where you Wilmington guys are located, but there was a tornado that touched down about a quarter mile from where I work and we had about 60 to 70 employees crammed up in our kitchen and work room area. That was about the most exciting part of the storm yesterday.

Here it is:

cm374.png

I have nothing of value to add.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived