• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

He claims he punched him while dribbling the ball full speed and then going down and making a basket. Then kid admits getting in his face and says PJ punched him in the throat.

PJ has the amazing ability to throw an accurate punch at a guy's head while dribbling down the court, but when they are standing there and the guy is saying "hey buddy Ole chap, could you kindly explain what happened?" PJ misses his face and hits him in the throat.

I have no doubt dude got hit in the head while playing, and have no doubt that PJ punched him or shoved him when he got in his face. But I am not buying the innocent story of just getting punched unprovoked for no reason.

Lol, i'm with you on that point too Tee. When I read the guy said he was punched in the head and then calmly walked over and asked what happened, that was where credibility went out the window for me.

You two seem to be inventing your own version of what he said in order to question it. Nowhere did he say he punched him while dribbling down the court.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/07/5028787/durham-prep-star-pj-hairston-punched.html

No, I know what the kid said. But another witness is the one that said PJ did it while dribbling.

Now, the kid did say he walked up and asked what happened after being punched. That's highly unlikely, and it came straight from that kid's mouth.

You two seem to be inventing your own version of what he said in order to question it. Nowhere did he say he punched him while dribbling down the court.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/07/5028787/durham-prep-star-pj-hairston-punched.html

Did you read the article you posted?

He says they inbounded the ball to him and he ran at him, punched him in the head and went and scored the bucket.

Unless he did all that carrying the basketball under his arm like a football he was likely dribbling the ball.

Plus there are more updated stories than that one they say he was dribbling the ball when it happened.

what are the other versions from the kid?

I've heard the kid say Hairston hit him because he was mad at losing one on one. Later he said it was a team match and Hairston punched him while driving to the basket. Now hes saying PJ punched him in the head for no reason.

It wouldn't be hard to punch someone while dribbling a basketball. I could do it easy and I wasn't drafted by a NBA team.

And Barkley didn't say he calmly walked over to PJ.  He was probably pissed, as he should have been if what he says is true.

And for those looking for motive, the article also states that PJ's team had lost several games in a row to Barkley's team.  You all know feelings and pride gets hurt in pickup games.  Mix a few losses with some trash talk and punches could result from an unstable player. 

It wouldn't be hard to punch someone while dribbling a basketball. I could do it easy and I wasn't drafted by a NBA team.

And Barkley didn't say he calmly walked over to PJ. He was probably pissed, as he should have been if what he says is true.

And for those looking for motive, the article also states that PJ's team had lost several games in a row to Barkley's team. You all know feelings and pride gets hurt in pickup games. Mix a few losses with some trash talk and punches could result from an unstable player.

But the way Barkley stated it made it sound like he was really trying to sell that it was completely unprovoked. If that's me, I say, "he swung at me and we got in each others face and said somethings I can't repeat." Barkley is telling it as though he was an innocent bystander whom PJ took his wrath out on.

If PJ's team did indeed lose several games in a row, then I get the feeling that he was letting the NBAer know about it, and that's why he got decked.

Brendon Heywood on WFNZ saying there is no amount of trash talk that can justify what he did. Unless the kid through the first punch he has no business being involved in the situation.

Brendon Heywood on WFNZ saying there is no amount of trash talk that can justify what he did. Unless the kid through the first punch he has no business being involved in the situation.

I think what Brendon is really saying is - "HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE."

Translation:

"Hey numb nuts, if you're gonna play pick up ball go to Chapel Hill or the Hornets practice facility."

If PJ's team did indeed lose several games in a row, then I get the feeling that he was letting the NBAer know about it, and that's why he got decked.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the cause of it.

I've been around some pretty serious poo talking in pickup games, but I have never seen any punches thrown. 

Archived