• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

I can't even comment on what's over or under market value bc I just don't follow nba that closely. However this franchise at this time really doesn't have much else to leverage other than large contracts.

This message is brought to you by The Best Huddle App ever made.

If Utah matches the contract then what we offered is not over market.

The market is determined by what others will pay for the service.

If Utah matches the contract then what we offered is not over market.

The market is determined by what others will pay for the service.

Ok maybe market value was incorrect terminology, more like pay/performance ratio. At this time it looks like Charlotte still needs to pay a little more than would otherwise be necessitated by a marquee team.

Utah beat writer was reporting yesterday that the Jazz have been in contact with Hayward's agent since fee agency started trying to work out a deal.

Gordon should tell them to f*ck off for trying to pinch pennies with him. Have his agent tell them he doors not want to be there & will only sign a QO if they match & WILL walk away next summer, unrestricted.

Utah beat writer was reporting yesterday that the Jazz have been in contact with Hayward's agent since fee agency started trying to work out a deal.

Gordon should tell them to f*ck off for trying to pinch pennies with him. Have his agent tell them he doors not want to be there & will only sign a QO if they match & WILL walk away next summer, unrestricted.

If they match he gets the same contract he signed with us.  He cant go back and sign the QO

Ok maybe market value was incorrect terminology, more like pay/performance ratio. At this time it looks like Charlotte still needs to pay a little more than would otherwise be necessitated by a marquee team.

I agree with your comments above 100%

We need to make bold moves to become relevant again.

As a Warriors fan I wasn't so sure if I wanted to lose Klay in a trade for Love. But after seeing the contract GH going to get I'm not sure i want the W's keeping Klay, the kids going to want a fortune next season.

Gordon's going to get alot more open looks if in Charlotte this year. I can't imagine he wants Utah to match. Life would be alot more easier for him with Jefferson in the low post creating some space for him to shoot.

I actually think the trade kicker works in favor of a sign and trade.

With the trade kicker, if GH chooses he could essentially force his way to Charlotte by playing the "I'm not happy card" and I only want to go to Charlotte.

I'm not saying that will happen because I don't think GH is that type of guy but who knows...

If the offer sheet is signed, he can't be traded to CHA at all for 1season. Today/before the offer is signed is the only time for a S&T.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

The deal reminds me of the contract Rashard Lewis got when he signed with the Magic in free agency.  Its pretty clear that we overpaid, but if you overpay for a guy who fits your team really well its not a big problem. 

And he does fit really well here, he provides some desperately needed shooting on the wings, adds a little ball-handling, and helps replace Mcbob's passing.

If they match he gets the same contract he signed with us. He cant go back and sign the QO

Yes, if they match Charlotte's offer then he stays in Utah. But he does not have to sign the long-term deal. He can basically hold out & play under a 1-year qualify offer with Utah, then become an unrestricted free agent next summer...

At least that's what Utah writers are saying. They think that's why Utah will seek a S&T or just let him walk.

If the offer sheet is signed, he can't be traded to CHA at all for 1season. Today/before the offer is signed is the only time for a S&T.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Thanks to Cho, once he signs that offer he can't be traded to anybody for a year, whether he's in Charlotte or Utah.

Yes, if they match Charlotte's offer then he stays in Utah. But he does not have to sign the long-term deal. He can basically hold out & play under a 1-year qualify offer with Utah, then become an unrestricted free agent next summer...

At least that's what Utah writers are saying. They think that's why Utah will seek a S&T or just let him walk.

Link?  I've never heard of that, I thought once a player signs the contract that is the contract he plays under

Archived