• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hayward agrees to sign

Utah is going to match it... they've basically said as much.

Possible they were bluffing. 

Many feel GH is not worth that much money to add onto the issues of signing / keeping Kanter and Burks in the future. 

Slight chance Utah doesnt match. 

In many cases the SF and SG (wing positions) are interchangeable. 

Not really

I could see them sliding GH to the 2 SOME when MKG was on the floor.  But, I would have a hard time believing they would sign GH to a max contract to try him at the SG position....not his natural position.

Not really

I could see them sliding GH to the 2 SOME when MKG was on the floor.  But, I would have a hard time believing they would sign GH to a max contract to try him at the SG position....not his natural position.

I might would agree with you if GH lacked SG skills which he doesnt or was unable to guard 2's. 

Like I said, many cases in basketball were the 2 and 3 are interchangeable on offense. 

The main issue that comes up is size and defense as SF's are generally a good 3-4 inches taller than SG's. 

Which isnt a problem with the case of GH and MKG. 

I might would agree with you if GH lacked SG skills which he doesnt or was unable to guard 2's. 

Like I said, many cases in basketball were the 2 and 3 are interchangeable on offense. 

The main issue that comes up is size and defense as SF's are generally a good 3-4 inches taller than SG's. 

Which isnt a problem with the case of GH and MKG. 

I am not saying that thye won't move him to the SG position...I have no idea what MJ or Cho would do.

But assuming that they absolutley will move him because we have MKG (a SF with very limited offensive skills and one that did not get the 2H playing time from Clifford last season) may also be a bit of a reach.

Just that paying max for a SF to try and move him to SG would seem to be a pretty risky (and costly) gamble.

The fact that he has been a SF his NBA career and his 3 pt shooting declined last season would make me believe he is still viewed as a SF.....his offense and MKG's defense would be a nice compliment to each other.

Only if we can work out a sign and trade, but I am not sure of all the rules surrounding this stuff.

Indiana would have to agree to a S&T with Lance, which I don't think they would. The kicker in Hayward's deal makes his contract shoot up to around $18 million per if he is traded, so no S&T there.

Archived