• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the actual fug?

Ja  Rhule

What incentive does Adidas have to improve Manchester United? Adidas is a German based company with a prestigious list of partners. MU was one of Nike's strongest footholds in Europe. Maybe Adidas saw an opportunity to smash them off the continent. If Nike scales back it's Soccer division, Adidas gets their moneys worth.

The other angle is keeping the mid-majors from growing. Puma and Kappa have been in vogue lately.

Holy Schnikes! Starting to feel like the red-headed stepchild here with our £10 mil per year deal with UA, and there's a bunch of teams in the Premier League with even smaller deals than us.

Good to see FFP is in full effect... sheesh.

What incentive does Adidas have to improve Manchester United? Adidas is a German based company with a prestigious list of partners. MU was one of Nike's strongest footholds in Europe. Maybe Adidas saw an opportunity to smash them off the continent. If Nike scales back it's Soccer division, Adidas gets their moneys worth.

The other angle is keeping the mid-majors from growing. Puma and Kappa have been in vogue lately.

I think someone indirectly injected money into Manchester United by using Adidas sponsorship.  Manchester United as a club collapsed and top players refuse to join the club.  Glazers still owe close to $600 million for Manchester United... Everyone seen what happened to Leeds United... They were one of the top clubs in EPL in a span of few years they got relegated and lost everything!

If you look at Adidas annual revenue 11b pounds.  This means 1% of all adidas items sold would have to be related to Manchester United.  It's impossible.  It makes no sense.  Also, why would someone just come out and pay 300% more than fair market value?  You think because adidas is nice and generous?  No.  It also makes no business reason.

Oh, looky looky.  Multiple English sites reporting that Glazers will likely sale Manchester United after massive adidas deal.  I fuging told ya!  Malcolm Glazer passed away few months ago... the only person that ever wanted Manchester United.

The club is in collapsing stage and Glazers  600m pounds in debt.  No one is going to buy Manchester United from them and incur all that debt!  Glazers would go bankrupt and lose everything!  fugers borrowed money, bribed Adidas to signed fake sponsorship... Now all of the sudden, team is in great financial state!  Now someone from Middle East will pay Glazers 2b pounds to buy Manchester United.  They will use 1.5b to repay debt and pocket the remaining profits. 

And by fake sponsorship I mean... Adidas might agree on 35m pounds deal but Glazers told Adidas to pay 75m pounds and they would just send em annual check of 40m pounds plus interest from Glazers privately owned company. I bet ya the loan Glazers took is probably from Adidas and carries something like 10% interest rate.  This would greatly benefit both companies.

Adidas: You mean I can have you guys sell shirts I make? How much?

Man U: Oh, since RM have a £31 mil/year contract, we'd like to see about £35 mil/year or so. Sound fair?

Adidas: Oh no, NO!!! I want to make a BIG splash in the newslines! I'll give you £75 mil/year!!!

Man U: Umm.. ok. You're not very good at negotiating, are you?

Adidas: TAKE THAT YOU NIKE SCUM!!! HAH!

Puma: Damn.. he done lost his mind...

And the revenue logic is a bit flawed. They have incurred new expenses to earn new revenue. The only number we have that matters is 75m pounds a year. How many kits and shirts they sell is an unknown at this time. Maybe they sell quite a few in Asia with the right player.

You think they will pay $120 per jersey in Asia?  That's like 2 months salary for average person in Asia... Not gonna happen.  When I lived in Eastern Ukraine, we bought great quality jerseys for $20 delivered from Turkey.

This whole deal smells rotten.

Archived