• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bonnell now saying Hornets are players for Lance.

PantherBrew

Boozer will still make 16mil next season in all.... so he don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Boozer didn't sign Marvin Williams to $7M... so he didn't make that mistake. 

If the Hornets won't be paying Boozer all of that $16M, then nothing you just said supplants what I did. 

Out:

Josh McRoberts

Gerald Henderson

Chris Douglas-Roberts

Luke Ridnour

Anthony Tolliver

Brendan Haywood

In:

Lance Stephenson

Carlos Boozer

Marvin Williams

Noah Vonleh

PJ Hairston

Brian Roberts

Off-season winners:

1) Cleveland

2) Charlotte

3) Everybody else

Glad that's sarcasm. Who cares what he makes if we can still land Boozer & Stephenson. You can't carry over unused salary. He'll be one of the best back up Forwards in the league.

Everyone should care. If he was getting paid around what Kris Humphires is making... which he clearly should have been... the Hornets wouldn't be cutting it as close right now.

You all's refusal to acknowledge that will never change the fact of it. $7M for Williams was dumb.

I am going to E! Headquarters and pitching a Stephenson, PJ and Hardy reality show if this happens!!

If they have concerns about PJ and Stephenson being on the team together, they should still sign Stephenson, who is the better player and has proven that he can play in the NBA, and then decide what they need to do with PJ, who doesn't have to be on the team next season. 

Lance > PJ (if you had to choose one).

Everyone should care. If he was getting paid around what Kris Humphires is making... which he clearly should have been... the Hornets wouldn't be cutting it as close right now.

You all's refusal to acknowledge that will never change the fact of it. $7M for Williams was dumb.

As long as we get the best player on the board, who cares what Marvin is making. Not like we don't have any expirings next season and it's only for two years.

Come on, man. We are officially in pursuit of the guy you swore with these moves we were never getting, and now that we have a real shot at him, you're just looking for a reason to continue being a pessimist.

Everyone should care. If he was getting paid around what Kris Humphires is making... which he clearly should have been... the Hornets wouldn't be cutting it as close right now.

You all's refusal to acknowledge that will never change the fact of it. $7M for Williams was dumb.

It's done.  Let it go...

Think about it like this...  If he accepted our offer of 7 mil per and he was talking to multiple teams, odds are they were offering somewhere in the same ballpark and we nudged them out for his services.

So what...  It's over with.

If we do end up signing Lance this was an incredible move by Cho and company. Basically waited until the entire market dried up and we are the only ones who could conceivably pay for him and now we can get him to accept less year or money then in the beginning of the FA period. Risky but could be brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

If they did that just to give Marvin Williams $7M then it's still a fail. 

$7 mil probably is a slight overpayment for Williams (I think 2yrs/11mil would have been fair) considering what guys like Booker and Humphries got.

However, Williams salary actually decreased upon signing with Charlotte. He was on a 5X$7.5 before his contract expired this year.

If he puts up12/5 as a starter or 8/4 as a backup I'll be perfectly fine with him.

If they did that just to give Marvin Williams $7M then it's still a fail. 

Really? Still stuck on this? I am so surprised you are not a GM with your expertise and the fact that you could do no wrong. 

The fact is if Lance signs and with all of the other signings/draft picks the Charlotte Hornets will have had a very good borderline great offseason

Archived