• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets sign Lance Stephenson to 3yr/27m contract.

Jakob

Just heard on WFNZ that Cho told Lance and agent to accept the deal or they walk. Lance couldn't even take the offer back to Indiana or they would have taken the offer off the table! Amazing

He must of read my post from yesterday. :D :D

Only I probably would have paid him 1 or two million a year more than we got him for

The Cho dynasty is growing

I'm thinking we drop Neal instead of Hendo to make a run at a remaining PF outside of Boozer so we can hit that cap min. and clear a spot.  

Kemba Walker (Roberts)

Lance Stephenson (Henderson, Hairston)

MKG (Marvin, Taylor)

FA (Vonleh, Zeller)

Al Jefferson (Zeller, Biz)

Also, my Pacers fan friend is pretty butt hurt about it, I'll post some of his tweets.

@OmegaAtrocity @Tha_Walkman really good deal as far as money, but he's not a good fit at all, now have a ball dominant bc that can't shoot

— Keeden (@drieva)

July 16, 2014

@OmegaAtrocity @Tha_Walkman I'm talking about 3 point %, 352 for Lance 348 for Hendo, and last year was only year Lance had higher one

— Keeden (@drieva)

July 16, 2014

@OmegaAtrocity @Tha_Walkman Yeah but if it's player who can carry a team consistently, then Lance definitely isn't

— Keeden (@drieva)

July 16, 2014

It may have been said, but the past two seasons, Al Jefferson and now Lance Stephenson have come to Charlotte as FAs. Even if they aren't super stars or even all-stars (arguable obviously), this is awesome to me, and honestly something that I still can't believe. 

Should be a good move for the team. He's an upgrade at SG, and should continue to improve from here on. If he can become an all star that would be great, but even if he becomes a borderline all star like Big Al, then it will be equally a good thing for the team.

Now the question is will Hendo drop to the bench, or will the team try to trade him?

I don't think he averages 18-20, but he is going to help in sooo many different ways, that I think you will see other player's efficiency go up because of him and I think we will be even better defensively.

He was the 4th option in Indiana. He's going to be the 2nd option here. 20 is doable

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm thinking we drop Neal instead of Hendo to make a run at a remaining PF outside of Boozer so we can hit that cap min. and clear a spot.

Kemba Walker (Roberts)

Lance Stephenson (Henderson, Hairston)

MKG (Marvin, Taylor)

FA (Vonleh, Zeller)

Al Jefferson (Zeller, Biz)

I don't know how wise it would be to drop Neal. He's still our only NBA-proven consistent 3 point threat.

Archived