• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Photos and Observations - Day 3

Jeremy Igo

Nice post. Only thing I would say is that so far the only pick that seems to = Fail is Kugs. He hit on Klein in the 5th last year and while I am not too optimistic on Barner, it was the 7th. I know Gaffney got hurt but the other late round guys are still on the roster and might make some noise. We also cant discount Lester and White coming in as UDFA. Not sure how much G man has a hand in that but we grabbed two steals in UDFA,.

If either or both Boston (on PUP) and Benwikere can make some noise this year G man will have had two very productive drafts.

Agreed and I'll give Kugbila one more season till I call him a bust. He might not start but if he gives us quality depth that's a plus in my book

Agreed on the UDFA's as well. Plus you got guys like Byndom, Philly Brown, and Lucas making noise this year. I have nothing but faith in The Gman

I actually think Smitty is gonna kill it this year.  Maybe not like 1300+ yards or anything like that during his prime years, but I believe he'll have a better year than he did last year.

He's finally gonna have other threats at WR to take the pressure off of him and he'll be primarily in the slot.  He won't be facing the other team's best corners or double covered like he was here with us.  I also think the Ravens are transitioning into more of a passing attack this year.  He's literally like the perfect slot receiver archetype and would make Wes Welker look like a cheap knock off.

He'd be a solid pick up in FF if you were able to get him later on IMO.

Well I think you hit on something. That coaching staff and even Steve will use him the best way they can. There will be no gorrilas in the room. No egg shells to walk over. Steve will be put in the best situation for him and the Ravens without any baggage.

Agreed and I'll give Kugbila one more season till I call him a bust. He might not start but if he gives us quality depth that's a plus in my book

Agreed on the UDFA's as well. Plus you got guys like Byndom, Philly Brown, and Lucas making noise this year. I have nothing but faith in The Gman

I've always been a optimist but I think there is no doubt Kugbilla is a bust. Sure he could surprise us but he's coming out of Valdosta State, a 3rd year player with no experience. Assuming his physical limitation dissipate, he's still got no idea how to play in the NFL. We can draft a younger Kugbilla any time we want.

I've always been a optimist but I think there is no doubt Kugbilla is a bust. Sure he could surprise us but he's coming out of Valdosta State, a 3rd year player with no experience. Assuming his physical limitation dissipate, he's still got no idea how to play in the NFL. We can draft a younger Kugbilla any time we want.

Fair enough.. I'll still give him one more season after that just let him walk.,. Or ride his bike

I haven't heard/seen his name brought up yet, how is Harper looking?

He's working with the first team but it's really too early to judge the secondary. Most of them have never played together. Sunday was the first day of hitting so maybe Zod saw something but in the previous two practices he didn't touch anyone.

The Panthers have been playing tons of off coverage with single high safety. Harper usually comes down into the box. But again no hitting. It's like orientation. Nothing complex.

Edited by KendrickPanther
  • Pie 1

I actually think Smitty is gonna kill it this year. Maybe not like 1300+ yards or anything like that during his prime years, but I believe he'll have a better year than he did last year.

He's finally gonna have other threats at WR to take the pressure off of him and he'll be primarily in the slot. He won't be facing the other team's best corners or double covered like he was here with us. I also think the Ravens are transitioning into more of a passing attack this year. He's literally like the perfect slot receiver archetype and would make Wes Welker look like a cheap knock off.

He'd be a solid pick up in FF if you were able to get him later on IMO.

cept Wes Welker is and has been an all pro slot receiver most of his career.

Love Smitty, just won't hype him.