• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have Madden 15 right now

Lilsmitty09

I wanna pick up the new Madden but will wait until the hype dies down to see if the reviews are still strong.

the "BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!" title tends to be a yearly thing before the shine dulls and people dig into the guts of the game and it's more of the same.

hope itms good though. about to make the next gen jump and would like to have a go to title until Unity and such comes out later in the year

I'll only say this once...IF YOU WANT A GOOD IMPROVED FOOTBALL GAME, BUY MADDEN 15 FOR THE ONE OR PS4....the 360 and ps3 is literally 25 again...it's awful compared to the ones version.

I respectfully disagree. I think 15 on xbox one madden is a 6 at best, and that's because it's 1:45a and last call and I have no one else to go home with. I mean the graphics are neat and all but the gameplay is poo.

You can't get pressure with just your front four, people in coverage magically teleport to swat the ball when your WR is wide open (think the melee knife lunge in call of duty), your DB rarely intercepts the ball even if it's drastically under thrown and you are right on it, you get a pick or swat on 95% of deep balls, even if it is Captain Munnerlyn on Kelvin Benjamin, your superstar linebackers (Kuechly and Davis) get held up at the line even though the guy stopping them is already fully engaged with Star or KK, and the running game is kind of poo.

On the plus side, the ability to press LB on the playcall screen to change between milk the clock and hurry up no huddle is a nice decision, the develop players in between games on franchise is a nice addition, the right joystick flick away from defenders to dodge them with the QB is nice, and the new in game interface that shows stats is a lot more comprehensive. I also like that they use $133MM for the cap and have realistic cap figures, not like years past where Greg Hardy would be tagged at $6MM and Cam signs a $45MM contract. Cam just resigned for me at $125MM, and Hardy at an average of $14MM/year for 5 years. KB looks beastly though.

But it feels like a fresh coat of paint on the same old poo. I don't hate it and because it's the NFL I'll play it and maybe learn to like it more, but right now I feel like they just can't get this game right.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I wanna pick up the new Madden but will wait until the hype dies down to see if the reviews are still strong.

the "BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!" title tends to be a yearly thing before the shine dulls and people dig into the guts of the game and it's more of the same.

hope itms good though. about to make the next gen jump and would like to have a go to title until Unity and such comes out later in the year

Read my comments above, I feel they are honest and not biased either way.

It is just an excuse. There are so many Footballers on FIFA and EA manages to do a pretty good job with that game. I mean at least try to get body types right. It took them 3 years to make Cam Newton look somewhat like Cam Newton rather than Donkey Kong. It is 2014 and EA sports makes a retarded amount of money. Hire some extra people and put out a game worth buying.

Im not an expert on video game design but these guys turn around a new game in less than 12 months. I highly doubt they have the time to work around 320 (if they do 10 players from each team) face scans then import them into the game. Who knows maybe players dont want to do it? I agree on the Cam thing but you gotta realize I doubt the turnover for game desiner on madden is less than 40% for developers and they have less than 12 months to make a new gamr

Im not an expert on video game design but these guys turn around a new game in less than 12 months. I highly doubt they have the time to work around 320 (if they do 10 players from each team) face scans then import them into the game. Who knows maybe players dont want to do it? I agree on the Cam thing but you gotta realize I doubt the turnover for game desiner on madden is less than 40% for developers and they have less than 12 months to make a new gamr

On QB Style they still have Cam as Jason Campbell by default. If that isn't a microcosm of the laziness of Madden developers I don't know what is.

Cam Newton is a unique player and superstar, and they have him using the style of a player that was never a meaningful player in the league.

That's like having Mike Trout use Aubrey Huff's swing by default on MLB: The Show. It is incredibly lazy.

How come when you make a Custom PlayBook it messes up your kickoff return plays? Its been like that for 3yrs now you would think someone at EA would have seen this other then me...lol

I seen this the 1st time i made a play book in Madden 14 just dont get it.. LAZY and Madden 05 was the best complete Madden ever made, Strange how that was the last year they had competition from 2k..

On QB Style they still have Cam as Jason Campbell by default. If that isn't a microcosm of the laziness of Madden developers I don't know what is.

Cam Newton is a unique player and superstar, and they have him using the style of a player that was never a meaningful player in the league.

That's like having Mike Trout use Aubrey Huff's swing by default on MLB: The Show. It is incredibly lazy.

They use to have Jake Delhomme as a style, what other QB out there would they use that for? Im not defending them, I honestly think they and the customers would benefit from madden being released every 2-3 years with paid roster updates and little things on a current version so they can actually take time to improve the game compared to rushing it in 7-8 months

3 hours on the PS4 version so far....it is much better than anything I have played since the first PS2 version.

havent read through this thread but could somebody tell me why in the #*ck did they take away Communities?  that was the best part about the game.  seriously took that out w....t....f.  i bought a xbox 1 and still play the 360 madden.  fuging fix this bs.  i will not buy the new game until its fixed.

i signed some petition thing and i suggest you do the same.  

Hopefully he has speed. Without Underwood and his 94 speed I can't utilize the deep ball effectively.

Just take control of KB out of the slot and user spec catch with him down the field. Works pretty well.

As for the earlier post about getting pressure, gotta split a de out to 9 and use the quick snap launch and you'll get pressure fairly regularly.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Archived