• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Punt Returner Free Agents

KillerKat

Pilares and McNutt are gone, King has done very little, and it's basically just Bersin and Brown now.

If you want to gripe about nothing okay, but don't sit around and pretend like we have all these other options. Brown is gonna make the team.

Hence this thread that you opened that said free agent returners. WOW

Why take the risk with Cason though? At least that's the way I look at it. I assume the coaches aren't crazy about the idea either.

I'm not crazy about either idea, but I know the dropped punts Brown has had could possibly cost us big time when the games count.

I'm not crazy about either idea, but I know the dropped punts Brown has had could possibly cost us big time when the games count.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not recover all those "dropped" punts?

Look I'm not saying I love the situation, but do we have to keep pretending like he's Joe Adams or something?

Well why don't you go ahead and list us off the guys who would be clear immediate upgrades for dirt cheap?

There will be someone that can field punts. Heck, we can't even worry about being a return threat....we need someone that can simply judge where a punt will land and catch it.

There will be someone that can field punts. Heck, we can't even worry about being a return threat....we need someone that can simply judge where a punt will land and catch it.

We're gonna scraping the bottom of the barrel regardless.

If all we can hope for is a couple of guys who maybe did something several years ago then I'd just rather keep Brown or use Cason.

We're gonna scraping the bottom of the barrel regardless.

If all we can hope for is a couple of guys who maybe did something several years ago then I'd just rather keep Brown or use Cason.

We might be scrapping the bottom of the barrel.....we need to. Philly is gonna hurt us.

We won last year.....not playing that type football

Why would you rather have Philly bobbling and misjudging punts over someone than can field them?

I think we're done with the dick measuring. If you've got some insight of your own (not something Scot posted) I would be happy to hear it.

The list is the same and most people know it so why rehash it. The thread was started to talk about replacements not currently on the team and your stance (which I agree with) that he's the best option on the team doesn't make sense in this thread.

I think we're done with the dick measuring. If you've got some insight of your own (not something Scot posted) I would be happy to hear it.

I'd say wait until the cuts tomorrow and Saturday, and then there would be a better gauge of things. 

I'm not opposed to using Philly, but I think that he may take a while to learn. I thought that while watching the game. Maybe he needs to sit back for about 8 weeks, really learn and grasp the offense/special teams/returner role, and we'll go from there. I do believe we need a stop gap, though.

Archived