• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let Cam Sit This Week

chknwing

We all saw Stewart have more explosion and decisiveness in the way he runs with ball this preseason and how bad Williams looked. If Rivera is truly that stubborn, then he's only costing the team.

Old school is old school. Rivera is an old school coach who just happens to go for it on 4th down bc the math adds up

No reason to think we can just line up and run the ball....our rushing numbers last year looked good bc of Cam. Run overall was weak

No reason to think we can't run the ball. Amini and Turner are both upgrades and Stewart is a HUGE upgrade over DeAngelo.

Derek Anderson is undervalued by most fans.

That being said, you always start your starter.

Cam will and should start the game.

I will certainly be praying he survives the game though, simplr cause I don't want to see him get hurt more.

DA can get it done.

He has had more time with our offense this off season and training camp.

At least he has a real sample size to analyze instead of DAs preseason "successes"

DA has been solid whenever hes played. Hes not great, but everyone around he pretty much agrees that he is about the best backup in the NFL.

Is Cam better? Sure, but Cam is injured in two places. Everyone here poo a brick when he was shoestring tackled the first time. Everyone here cried when Cam got hit (cause the man still hasnt learned how to slide). RR likes to chalk that up to "his play style and his drive to win". That is all well and good, but not for a player like Cam whom this franchise rides on. I cant blame Cam for that, hes still a kid...but at some point RR needs to step up and be a touch coach and demand Cam stop putting himself at risk.

My concern if Cam starts is that he is the consummate competitor, and despite his injures will go out there and play the way he does and possible get himself injured even more seriously. Id rather start a backup even into week 3 if it means that the FRANCHISE player we are about to sign for HUGE money can be healthy 100%. Cams ankle was from a previous injury that was allowed to linger, because he played through it. Now with the ribs...no flack jacket in the world is going to stop a 260 pound man who hits you from feeling pain and possibly aggravating the injury.

And for what...to put Cam at risk behind what we all agree is a suspect o-line....so he can do what, hand the ball off..and hopefully make a few passes before he gets hands on him?

it's not that Cam took a day off for rest, he got out there and couldnt physically practice.  not a good sign.  hopefully we wont get to the point we have to start DA because Cam isnt available.

Care to provide a link to this in depth analysis? What doctor provided this information?

All I've read is that he was sore and decided the day would best be served getting treatment.

Since this injury was disclosed the information provided all along stated that he would obviously be experiencing soreness.

to me, it's not even about if DA is good enough to win the game.  to me, it's about the overall health for an entire season for our franchise QB.  if it were week 15 and we are in a playoff hunt, it's a no-brainer.  but with 15 more games to play, that should cause a state of precaution.

Care to provide a link to this in depth anaylsis? What doctor provided this information?

All I've read is that he was sore and decided the day would best be served getting treatment.

Since this injury was disclosed the information provided all along stated that he would obviously be experiencing soreness.

yea guy, just watch the press video of Ron on the website.  he said Cam came out and after stretching decided he needed to visit with the training staff.  but hey, its the huddle.  no one here has anything to lose.

Archived