• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions week! Detroit "Bout to get Rocked" City

SCP

Another Lions fan (21 painful years) here.

I've read this sentiment quite a bit so far on this forum. Last year Detroit only allowed 23 sacks (2nd in the league), and Stafford had an average release time of like 2.6 seconds. His footwork and decision making seem to be better than last year as well. The same line is back (although Waddle is questionable for Sunday). Detroit has good protection, quick releases and improved mobility over last year.

My question is, what about Detroit's offensive protection makes everyone think they are pushovers? Or is it more that you guys have a good/improved front 7? Not trying to trash talk or anything, just legitimately curious.

I'm just hoping our home field advantage can throw some of your O's timing off. Stafford look really quick last night.

--------------------------------------

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

I've read this sentiment quite a bit so far on this forum. Last year Detroit only allowed 23 sacks (2nd in the league), and Stafford had an average release time of like 2.6 seconds. His footwork and decision making seem to be better than last year as well. The same line is back (although Waddle is questionable for Sunday). Detroit has good protection, quick releases and improved mobility over last year.

My question is, what about Detroit's offensive protection makes everyone think they are pushovers? Or is it more that you guys have a good/improved front 7? Not trying to trash talk or anything, just legitimately curious.

The fact that Stafford usually follows every 400 yd and 4 TD performance up with a 4 INT performance.  He is the definition of inconsistent. 

We don't have a good Front 7....we have the best Front 7 in football.

Not to mention that they are the Lions...no matter what else happens in the world, there is always one thing that you can count on....that the Lions will find a way to blow it.  This is a statement that my best friend made to me a couple of years ago.  He is from Detroit and has been a lifelong Lions fans. 

We have a very good rotation of defensive linemen. You guys looked good against the giants but, their rush isn't what it used to be. They went from having Strahan, Tuck, Osi, and Kiwanuka to having JPP and Kiwanuka. We also have an interior push that is similar to the one you DTs produce.

Lions are feeling pride...  they are on a high that they truly believe will carry them through week 2.

I can't wait to see our front 7 get a hold of them.   Stafford flailing around on his back,  looking like a turtle trying to get up...  and Bush running into Star's arms,  will be a thing of beauty.

You guys do realize that this is Charlotte, right? Louis CK nailed it when he said there's no reason to come here unless you're paid to be here. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty great place to live with the proximity to a number of other, more interesting things. And it's a great place for a family in certain areas. But, generally, it's a flyover city. There is nothing of note here. It's not a destination...at all. It's butt-fug Kansas with some banking jobs. That's it. Granted, I'm new and don't really get the whole "Every other city sucks" routine that runs rampant here. But...90 percent of the smack around here is directly applicable to the person dishing out the smack as well. Very little football content and a whole lotta weird geographical hangups.

September 29 is going to start an interesting read in these parts...

Oh no!  You strike again!  Ignorant troll.

It's a successful game week thread when opposing fans get all quipy BEFORE it's declared smack approved.

Just good-natured ribbing, guys. Take it all in stride.

I honestly think their "Millen Man March" to get Millen fired was a stroke of genius.

I honestly think their "Millen Man March" to get Millen fired was a stroke of genius.

Don't remind me.... I was almost kicked out of a Lions game for wearing a "Fire Millen shirt".....lol

True story they made me turn it inside out.

I'm not sure what dirt that bum had on old man Ford but it must have been pretty good.

You guys do realize that this is Charlotte, right? Louis CK nailed it when he said there's no reason to come here unless you're paid to be here. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty great place to live with the proximity to a number of other, more interesting things. And it's a great place for a family in certain areas. But, generally, it's a flyover city. There is nothing of note here. It's not a destination...at all. It's butt-fug Kansas with some banking jobs. That's it. Granted, I'm new and don't really get the whole "Every other city sucks" routine that runs rampant here. But...90 percent of the smack around here is directly applicable to the person dishing out the smack as well. Very little football content and a whole lotta weird geographical hangups.

September 29 is going to start an interesting read in these parts...

aa36ecf47b.gif

Archived