• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boycott Harris Teeter - Selling Steelers #1 cookies

SCP

Wow. Just plain ol fugging wow. All this butthurt over a cookie.

Now, those of you boycotting an evil company that might cater to an opposing football team make damn sure you don't go to the game tonight. Because you can bet they don't ask who they're fans of when they take that ticket or sell that beer. And, since it's a night game, Duke Energy is gonna be supplying power to those Steeler fans, so make sure you call 'em up Monday and cancel that poo. And get your water and sewer turned off, too, because they might supply the water that goes through a toilet that a Steeler fan uses. And boycott the roads that supply easy passage for those Steeler vermin to get to the stadium.

You show them. You show them ALL.....

This can only happen on the Huddle. A sarcastic thread about an iced cookie gets taken seriously to the point a Harris Teeter intern throws down the gauntlet.

Mixed feelings on this...

I hate the Steelers just as much if not more than anyone on this board and seeing HT sell this crap - especially crap that looks like it was done by a 15 year-old girl - is undoubtedly annoying.

On the other hand HT is a business and money is the bottom line, not allegiance to a certain geographic area...not their fault we have so many Steelers a-holes in NC/SC.

Also to the guy that came on here to defend HT's honor...uh, ok. Maybe it's a fine place to work for you, but to the rest of us it's just another grocery store. You made some good points but unfortunately you also sound like a shill.

At the end of the day it's a poorly-done cookie. Whatever. I won't shop at HT more or less because of it, just like I didn't stop eating at CFA because Dan Cathy is a fundie.

Fug the Steelers.

Look at the business side.  HT is losing market share at a rapid rate to Publix.  Their bakery and deli can't hang with Publix quality-wise.  So, in desperation on a football weekend, they load a stale cookie with pro-Steelers icing to try and make a buck.

This is why it is called free enterprise.  Any consumer pissed enough about pro-Yinzer cookies at a retail bakery can take their business elsewhere.

I grew up in Lake Wylie and had two internships in Tega Cay. It's a great place.

Let Harris Teeter sell their cookies. All that matters is that Pepperidge Farm Sausalito Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut cookies are the bomb. 

Yeah we liked what we saw for sure.  Plus I'm closer to the Panthers....and the Gamecocks for that matter.

Rush hour on 160 in Fort Mill/Tega Cay is horrendous. Driving back through Rock Hill to take 161 to 274(to get to Lake Wylie) was faster than the Buster Boyd Bridge. Just crazy. 

Rush hour sucks every where especially in the Charlotte area.  I'm happy their doing roadwork on 485 but it slows everything down.

Archived