• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offense, Defense, and Special Teams Evaluation

Mark S

Offense:

Overall, I think the offense had a great game. Cam looked sharp, as he shared the ball to many receivers, including Dickson and Bersin.

Chris Ogbonnaya and Darrin Reaves led the way in rushing today, both having decent games. There were some creative play calls today that I liked, the Cam and Philly Brown option run coming to mind.

The O-Line looked sub-par in the first half but looked great in the second half, especially when running the no-huddle. The offense really stepped up their game as the game progressed and that turned out to be big for us.

Defense:

Along with the offense, the defense had a big game today. The defensive line started out the game with average pressure. As the game went on, the D-Line got more more and more in Cutler's face and did a good job of stopping the run in the second half. Kawann Short's sack to end the game capped off a great second half and win.

The LB core looked great today, they were all over the place. Thomas Davis missed a key tackle but came back the next play and lit up his opponent and he played with fire for the rest of the game. Luke Kuechly did what we expected of him, racking up 15 tackles. Although some of us take him for granted, this guy is truly a special talent. AJ Klein and Chase Blackburn both had a quiet game yesterday, I didn't hear their names much.

The secondary looked weak in the first half. Josh Norman looked good until he got injured on a tackle he made. We allowed Cutler to have a big first half and he ended the game with 289 yards, 2 passing TDS, and 1 rushing TD. When Cuter was running all over us, I knew something was wrong. As the game went on, the secondary improved its performance. Thomas Decoud had a crucial INT and Antoine Cason forced a nice fumble from the hands of Forte.

Overall:

Looking back, the team played a great game. Sure, they had a few mistakes in the first half. But everyone on the team made great half-time adjustments and we looked very strong in the second half, as we held the Bears to only 3 points and we scored 17 of our own. Just goes to show that you shouldn't lose your faith early. This team needed a win, and it came at the right time and in a great fashion.

Offense:

Overall, I think the offense had a great game. Cam looked sharp, as he shared the ball to many receivers, including Dickson and Bersin.

Chris Ogbonnaya and Darrin Reaves led the way in rushing today, both having decent games. There were some creative play calls today that I liked, the Cam and Philly Brown option run coming to mind.

The O-Line looked sub-par in the first half but looked great in the second half, especially when running the no-huddle. The offense really stepped up their game as the game progressed and that turned out to be big for us.

Defense:

Along with the offense, the defense had a big game today. The defensive line started out the game with average pressure. As the game went on, the D-Line got more more and more in Cutler's face and did a good job of stopping the run in the second half. Kawann Short's sack to end the game capped off a great second half and win.

The LB core looked great today, they were all over the place. Thomas Davis missed a key tackle but came back the next play and lit up his opponent and he played with fire for the rest of the game. Luke Kuechly did what we expected of him, racking up 15 tackles. Although some of us take him for granted, this guy is truly a special talent. AJ Klein and Chase Blackburn both had a quiet game yesterday, I didn't hear their names much.

The secondary looked weak in the first half. Josh Norman looked good until he got injured on a tackle he made. We allowed Cutler to have a big first half and he ended the game with 289 yards, 2 passing TDS, and 1 rushing TD. When Cuter was running all over us, I knew something was wrong. As the game went on, the secondary improved its performance. Thomas Decoud had a crucial INT and Antoine Cason forced a nice fumble from the hands of Forte.

Overall:

Looking back, the team played a great game. Sure, they had a few mistakes in the first half. But everyone on the team made great half-time adjustments and we looked very strong in the second half, as we held the Bears to only 3 points and we scored 17 of our own. Just goes to show that you shouldn't lose your faith early. This team needed a win, and it came at the right time and in a great fashion.

RR said in his presser that the Nickel Package was pretty much the based defense yesterday. That was the reason for AJ Klein and Blackburn not be on the field yesterday. I think yesterday was huge for the team the fact they we played poorly in the 1st half  and came back and win was huge. RR also recognizes that the no huddle works for us. So the future looks bright there will be growing pains but I believe yesterdays win was by far the biggest during the RR tenure. It showed growth as a team and a coaching staff.

RR said in his presser that the Nickel Package was pretty much the based defense yesterday. That was the reason for AJ Klein and Blackburn not be on the field yesterday. I think yesterday was huge for the team the fact they we played poorly in the 1st half and came back and win was huge. RR also recognizes that the no huddle works for us. So the future looks bright there will be growing pains but I believe yesterdays win was by far the biggest during the RR tenure. It showed growth as a team and a coaching staff.

I knew something seemed off yesterday, thanks, I didn't know they were using the nickel package most of the game. I love the adjustments this team made at half time and I agree, this was a big win for us.

I knew I forgot something.

Special Teams:

Of course, the one play that comes to mind is the Philly Brown kickoff return for a TD. Boy, it's been a long time since we've seen one of those. However Philly did get lit up on another return and ended up dropping it and it would have been a crucial turnover if not for one his teammates falling on it. Philly also looked like he was out of position catching two other kicks, but he did end up coming down the ball. We have to understand that he is a rookie and he will make his mistakes, I hope he learns from them and continues to grow. Graham Gano did his thing, making a 44 yard field goal and Nortman was good with his punting. Pretty good day on Special Teams for the most part.

I knew I forgot something.

Special Teams:

Of course, the one play that comes to mind is the Philly Brown kickoff return for a TD. Boy, it's been a long time since we've seen one of those. However Philly did get lit up on another return and ended up dropping it and it would have been a crucial turnover if not for one his teammates falling on it. Philly also looked like he was out of position catching two other kicks, but he did end up coming down the ball. We have to understand that he is a rookie and he will make his mistakes, I hope he learns from them and continues to grow. Graham Gano did his thing, making a 44 yard field goal and Nortman was good with his punting. Pretty good day on Special Teams for the most part.

Were you even alive the last time we had a punt return TD?

(just messin' with ya)

Brown has GOT to learn how to position himself under the ball better.  He is constantly catching it up high on the front plates of his shoulder pads and that's what caused the muff against Pittsburgh as well as other bobbles.  Yesterday he actually raised his hands up and caught it by his head on one.  If he can learn how to position himself better, I think he'll get the problems under control.

Archived