• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Villains

twylyght

T-1000

1055277-t1000.gif

Bill

kill-bill-david-carradine-whysoblu.jpg

Gus

Best-of-2011_tv_best-villain.jpg

Nazis

inglorious-basterds.jpg

Landa.jpg

500full.jpg

omaha+shooting+2.jpg

Tons of great ones for a solid follow-up!  

What list of villains would be complete without a Nazi or two?  They are the epitome of Institutionalized Evil.  Though they do not often delve into much in the way of character motivations and the like, they are a staple of storied bad guys for a reason.

Gus and Bill are tremendous additions as well.  Masterminds, Bargain Masters, Flawed in their Ambition/Desires.  They make for complex and involving villains that drove their parts of the story to the nth degree.

The T1000 is my favorite from this list.  Another great mix of genres, it broke some new ground when he aired on the silver screen while solidifying old ground.  The new ground was the Avant-Gard effects to put new spins on previous iterations of villainy.  Other villains like the Body Snatchers and Carpenter's The Thing were driven by less defined agendas for control of their immediate surroundings, where the T1000 had the ultimate and specific goal of obliterating the hope of mankind with a single-minded while innovative scheme to achieve it.

Of the others that I did know, I couldn't find much to draw me in for the likes of Bowser and Shredder.  Perhaps I am not as familiar with the back-story as I should be.  Darth Vader came and went in waves.  He was better the more that Lucas was not allowed to mess with the script/dialogue.  

All-in-all, excellent villains!

Hellsing has always had one of my favorite villains, not your normal baddie the mad major.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1413459239.430539.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1413459252.596697.jpg

And Alucard the hero of the story??? Really can't say he's a good person haha

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1413459282.382709.jpg

I should know more about these... will have to revisit this to see what makes them compelling

In all my years as an Adult, only one movie has truly ever scared me.  Silence of the Lambs scared the crap out of me.  Primarily because of Hannibal Lecter/Anthony Hopkins. 

My wife gave the same answer.  Hannibal Lecter is truly iconic for a reason as villains go and Anthony Hopkins truly made the role his own.  Another smashing addition

Tywin Lannister

Cersei Lannister

Jamie Lannister (sort of). 

Joffrey Baratheon

Petyr Baelish

Roose Bolton

Walder Frey

Gotta  say, Game of Thrones does have an excellent cast of Villains. 

That it does.... aside from the obvious Joffrey nomination, I actually got a rare bout of satisfaction from seeing this guy get what was coming to him

2495177-viserys_targaryen_288x288.jpg

Seeing these particular brand of douchebags played to the hilt has GOT to be fun for the actors playing them.  Speaking of the douchebag villain genre

50f22bc1afa96f5fb70000f9.jpg?w=400

Dawn%20of%20the%20Dead257.jpg

Time for my own first bout of entries.... Ledger's Joker was definitely on my list.

For this entry, I'll tack on game changer followed by a classic.  First up is Keyser Soze.  While there has been tons of attempts to pull off the reveal to the effect that Bryan Singer managed in this film, few have come close.  Credit to Spacey for playing the role to the hilt.  A Mastermind and Crime Lord has never been so convincing.

69.jpg

Next up.... As ruthless goons go, Verhoven pushed the envelope to a ruthless edge never captured for such a wide audience in Terrance Boddiker

3788460-cb1.jpg

It was the first time I remember catching my own jaw drop in horror at what one human being could do to another.  The embodiment of sociopathic goon, the level of graphic violence wielded by this man shredded whatever veil of inhibitions shield us from our darkest selves held such wretched impulses at bay.

Archived