• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Villains

twylyght

Did the search and didn't find anything, so here we go.

Villains have gone through tremendous numbers of iterations over the millennium.  The traditional villain was someone or something that gave our protagonist to face off against.  In my own lifetime, I have grown to appreciate just how important the villain is in a story to make it that much better.

I'll post my list a bit later, but wanted to kick this off to see if anyone has a favorite in a movie/book/play/etc.

I'll start off with one of the most iconic of my generation.  It isn't a favorite for myself, but it is for many people.  Extremely little back story, bad as hell, abso-fugin-lutely not to be fuged with:

horror%20movies%20jason%20friday%20the%2

Like the pics thread.... no rules/qualifications.  Give us a proper villain and why they need to be on the list

I left Marvel and DC comic book characters out of my list or it would be over populated with the likes of the Joker, Lex Luther, Venom, etc.

So here are my Top 10:

Captain Hook

Dustin_Hoffman_Hook2.jpg

Darth Vader

Classic_Darth_Vader_by_mhprice.jpg

Cell

1351996-cellperfectkamenv.png

Bowser

250px-BowserNSMBU.png

Shredder

TMNT1987_Shredder.png

Sephiroth

20121116183429!Sephiroth_crisis_core.jpg

many versions of Dracula

bela_lugosi_dracula.jpg

T-1000

1055277-t1000.gif

Bill

kill-bill-david-carradine-whysoblu.jpg

Gus

Best-of-2011_tv_best-villain.jpg

Nazis

inglorious-basterds.jpg

Landa.jpg

500full.jpg

omaha+shooting+2.jpg

MyCard_The_Joker.jpg

STRONG Villain out of the gate!  Not familiar with the Van Damme character, so I can't comment on him.  However, Ledger's Joker is one of my favorites.  He is an outstanding mix of a number of genres that was beautifully executed by Nolan.  The Joker as portrayed in The Dark Knight gives us a look at a villain that steals scenes wherever he shows up.  He is a mixture of The Corruptor, The Teacher, The Maniac, Avant-Gard, the Allegory, and the Crime Lord.

Archived