• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Press Coverage

cs36620

I just read on here how some Giants fan posted on their boards that we will slaughter them (putting it in a nice way). However, I have (among many) glaring differences between us and the Dallas D that mean swing the game towards (unfortunately) the Giants favor. I truly believe that Eli will have a much better game than he had against Dallas simply because we rarely (if ever) run bump 'n run or press coverage.

We usually line up a good 5-8 yards from opposing receivers and I believe that may hurt us this game simply because it seemed like no one was getting open last night against Dallas and they were consistently running bump coverage.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I think it's worth thinking about this week.

we should do ok, i think. trgo, for his faults, seems to have made very good adjustments to the coverage. we actually played a good bit of press coverage against TB and limited them greatly (the majority of their passing yardage came on three huge plays; you could make the case that the press coverage allowed it, but i dont think it's a strong arguement, because of admittedly-blown assignments.)

the first drive vs. denver was scary, but how often did you see recievers open during the last 45:00 of the game? the db's did a fantastic job of clamping down on routes. if we can do the same against NY, and limit the big play, we should be good.

oh and i call harris' first pick of the season on sunday. :cool:

I don't even know what to think about this game, it really could be down to which team shows up.

Do the bad Giants or good Giants show up, or does the Good Panthers or bad Panthers show up?

We have been average at best this year on the road, is this the game we break out and show we can dominate on the road?

I really have no idea what is going to happen in this game, but it has the potential to be a defensive slug fest in the area of 6-10 in points.

I made a comment about this in another thread and whole heartedly agree with you. Did the Giants implode on themselves last night, or did the Dallas D eat the Giants for a snack? A lot of a team's performance is due, in part, to the opposition's performance. Can we mach the Dallas tenacity or assist in the Giants revival? Afterall, they played two tough divisional opponents. They'll be looking for redemption.

I just read on here how some Giants fan posted on their boards that we will slaughter them (putting it in a nice way). However, I have (among many) glaring differences between us and the Dallas D that mean swing the game towards (unfortunately) the Giants favor. I truly believe that Eli will have a much better game than he had against Dallas simply because we rarely (if ever) run bump 'n run or press coverage.

We usually line up a good 5-8 yards from opposing receivers and I believe that may hurt us this game simply because it seemed like no one was getting open last night against Dallas and they were consistently running bump coverage.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I think it's worth thinking about this week.

Dallas lined up in a 3-4 too. Should we copy that as well?

Delhommey,

I am not a hater, i'm just merely mentioning the fact that we don't usually use a lot of press coverage, and it seemed to work against the Giants. Now, with Jacobs being back in the game, it could change things, but i'm just saying that maybe it would benefit us to use some more press coverage in this game.

Now, no i don't think we should go with your smart ass comment on copying the 3-4, because we don't have the personel (sp?) for it. However, i don't know if you've realized, but this is a copy-cat league (wildcat formation, zone blitzing formation, etc. etc.) so i believe i make a valid argument for using the press a bit more.

I do wholeheartidly agree with everyone elses comments on the defense doing pretty well with their schemes recently so i'm hoping this keeps up.

Sorry. One loses their patience after the 5,436,768 thread about the CB's playing off the receivers.

We're as likely to use press coverage the whole game as we are to be in the 3-4 or play 5 wide.

I see you're new so I apologize if you haven't seen this covered here before.

Archived