• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's conference

Ruff

People are more on him about his lack of personal responsibility and lack of coaching accountability.

He said the play calling was fine, which it wasn't, he is only harping on execution.

Once again even if he grabs the ball firmly Sherman was in position and had good technique...he even swiped through Benjis hands where the ball would have been had he held on...was likely to be a PBU even if it didn't bounce off his hands...the announcer even pointed this out...

Not sure what you are trying to say about Sherman. I think he probably should have broken up the pass for sure, as a matter of fact, the pass should probably not have been hung up into double coverage in the first place, but regardless, Benjamin was able to come down with the ball, and it was a remarkable catch on his part.

I have heard Rivera say numerous times that he and the other coaches need to do a better job.

As far as the play calling...almost every fan base hates their OC. The average fan is just sure he knows more than the guys in the booth who are looking at stills, know tendencies and have, as a staff, put together a game plan. The average fan thinks that every "good call" works. It doesn't. Sometimes good calls get blown up...there is another team on the other side of the field doing its best to thwart those "good calls".

Fans always like to blame coaches when things aren't going well. It's easy. Especially since many fans become emotionally attached to players in a way they do not become attached to coaches. Some fans live vicariously through the exploits of their favorite players. There have been brain chemistry studies on this phenomenon. It's real.

The overall basic belief of the average Huddle member is that Rivera is a bad head coach in way over his head, and that Shula is a compete moron who couldn't find his way out of the bathroom without help. And yet the Panthers went 12-4 last year and are 20-9-1 in their last 30 games. And quite a few of those losses were very, very close heartbreakers.

That's pretty tough to do if you coaches are really Moe and Curley.

Some of you are so blinded by your hate for some and love for others it's sickening. Benjamin played mostly well. But his easy drop in the endzone was a HUGE, HUGE, Kelvin Benjamin-sized mistake that very well could have cost us the game.

Just like his (phantom) pass interference call that negated a TD in Cincinnati, and Cotchery's drop in Cincy.

Of course no one ever remembers those things because Cam Newton didn't drop the ball or get the penalty. 

Don't care if he drops 5 balls. We need to target him more. He is our best bet at moving down-field fast. Target him 20 times if you have to

Hell yes. I've been saying this all year. KB can pick up yards in chunks. He is almost going to win every contested call. I don't think he can be stopped and the coaching staff is afraid to rely on him like that just because he's a rookie.

Not sure what you are trying to say about Sherman. I think he probably should have broken up the pass for sure, as a matter of fact, the pass should probably not have been hung up into double coverage in the first place, but regardless, Benjamin was able to come down with the ball, and it was a remarkable catch on his part.

I have heard Rivera say numerous times that he and the other coaches need to do a better job.

As far as the play calling...almost every fan base hates their OC. The average fan is just sure he knows more than the guys in the booth who are looking at stills, know tendencies and have, as a staff, put together a game plan. The average fan thinks that every "good call" works. It doesn't. Sometimes good calls get blown up...there is another team on the other side of the field doing its best to thwart those "good calls".

Fans always like to blame coaches when things aren't going well. It's easy. Especially since many fans become emotionally attached to players in a way they do not become attached to coaches. Some fans live vicariously through the exploits of their favorite players. There have been brain chemistry studies on this phenomenon. It's real.

The overall basic belief of the average Huddle member is that Rivera is a bad head coach in way over his head, and that Shula is a compete moron who couldn't find his way out of the bathroom without help. And yet the Panthers went 12-4 last year and are 20-9-1 in their last 30 games. And quite a few of those losses were very, very close heartbreakers.

That's pretty tough to do if you coaches are really Moe and Curley.

I'm talking about the dropped TD

You do realize the Chip Kelly offense hasn't actually been good this year now that the NFL has seen it? Philly O already has 17 giveaways this year....almost double Carolina. Philly isn't winning bc of that O

You do realize they haven't had their 5 starting OL together at all this season and have had 3 down in a few games and ironically won't get them all back until our game against them.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Kelly-Were-Banged-Up-On-O-Line/308e56c8-048a-4cb7-ac62-dad2e407bdf1

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/10/when_will_jason_kelce_evan_mathis_return_eagles_starting_offensive_lineman_eyeing_week_10_vs_panther.html

Let me guess though, OL issues are only for the Panthers to use as an excuse. NFL has seen it my ass even without their Defensive touchdowns their offense has put up at least 20 in every game(except the SF game which was the first game they had 3 OL out)...wish our offense was that "bad". 5-2 with a poo OL while we are 3-4-1 using OL all day as an excuse.

As for the bolded...yea they have Nick fugin Foles(9Ints) we have Cam Newton...damn imagine Chip with Newton....well some people did want that actually.

Like I said in other threads..    KB is a rookie..  rookies make mistakes. 

If Rivera's winning plan for us is based solely on KB playing absolutely perfect and being a top 5 WR in the NFL this season  (which he would be if he didn't have any drops or wasn't so tightly defended).....then we are completely screwed. 

Some of you are so blinded by your hate for some and love for others it's sickening. Benjamin played mostly well. But his easy drop in the endzone was a HUGE, HUGE, Kelvin Benjamin-sized mistake that very well could have cost us the game.

I feel you but a professional sports franchise isn't supposed to peg all its hopes and dreams on a rookie. Funny how he calls out the rookie but I don't remember him having the balls to call out the Vet Smitty last year

A little cowardly to poke the one you know that will not poke you back.

Archived