• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD laying Jimmy Graham the fcuk out last night

Hotsauce

I hate calling a legal play in football a cheap shot or below the belt but that was just that. For that split second the play was over for Graham and he was out of the play - not in position to block, no where near the play. As Graham was out of the play, as common in the NFL, he did not offer much to the play. Davis then removes himself from the area of play to take a run at Graham. He unload for no reason against a defenseless player who had no reason to expect to be hit like that - and yes, I know it's football and the basics are to be ready at all times but come on. It was a low blow.

He should not get fined for this and he should not a penalty for it but someone is going to put his ass in check and give him the same treatment Alvin Mack got for showboating. It was a dickhead move.

This. You saved me a bunch of typing.

It was not a cheap shot. Graham was not blindsided and Davis is not that type of player. Graham was facing Davis and put his hands up as Davis approached him. Graham is a ginger punkass bitch and I have no sympathy for his ass. He got knocked the fug out and will get the same treatment every time he faces this team. fug Graham and the Saints.

I never said I was, but if it fits your narrative, roll with it. Hypocrisy is talking down about the Saints for the bounty bullshit and then being completely fine with this hit. That is hypocrisy.

Guess you don't know what hypocrisy is. Lets say i am fine with this hit(which i am), one hit is nothing like the huge bountygate scandal and I assure you the panthers did not promise td money if he inured graham. Not to mention the fact it was a clean hit and the refs always have it out for us. I forget the play but number 23 on your team blatantly held one of our dbs and wasn't flagged. Meanwhile they called holding on kb the whole game. If they thought it was even slightly illegal, he would've been ejected from the game just like luke was last week. In case you haven't figured it out the refs hate us bc our team actually has morals. 

It was not a cheap shot. Graham was not blindsided and Davis is not that type of player. Graham was facing Davis and put his hands up as Davis approached him. Graham is a ginger punkass bitch and I have no sympathy for his ass. He got knocked the fug out and will get the same treatment every time he faces this team. fug Graham and the Saints.

this post started out good and then got a lot better

Ummm, your boys took out Stewart with a legal but dirty play last year AND your DE attempted to hurt Cam's ankle the year before (your crowd cheered no less).

Consider this a little dose of your own medicine.

I only vaguely remember the Stewart play. I believe Keenan Lewis (?) hit him after he made a catch? Went low? Is every low tackle a cheap shot? Even 200 pound corners trying to tackle 220 pound running backs? Come on man.

I don't remember the Cam play. To be fair, I was in the Dome and didn't DVR the game to rewatch it.

Anyway, all I'm saying is it's silly to say, oh he tried to hurt Stewart, while Stewart had the ball no less, and then be ok with him leaving the action to lay a hit on Graham. He did it twice.

Guess you don't know what hypocrisy is. Lets say i am fine with this hit(which i am), one hit is nothing like the huge bountygate scandal and I assure you the panthers did not promise td money if he inured graham. Not to mention the fact it was a clean hit and the refs always have it out for us. I forget the play but number 23 on your team blatantly held one of our dbs and wasn't flagged. Meanwhile they called holding on kb the whole game. If they thought it was even slightly illegal, he would've been ejected from the game just like luke was last week. In case you haven't figured it out the refs hate us bc our team actually has morals.

Lolololololol. The refs hate you because your team has morals. There's so much fail in this entire post I'm not even going to argue with you anymore.

As a Saints fan, I know I'm not allowed to bring up anybody laying a cheap shot on a Saints players since bounty gate (*rolls eyes*), but it was a cheap shot. Your conversations about bounty are irrelevant to this hit.

I didn't see it, but it sounds awesome... thanks TD...  

It was pretty cool to see as a reminder to keep your head on a swivel but it was a cheap shot.

If it would have been on QB it would have been a flag, even if he was out of the play.

It was borderline unsportsmanlike penalty.

Nonetheless, it would not be cool if it was reversed.  Someone doing this to Olsen and everyone here would be outraged.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000420314/Jimmy-Graham-takes-shot-from-Thomas-Davis Here is video

edit:  there may be some helmet to helmet on this...

It was pretty cool to see as a reminder to keep your head on a swivel but it was a cheap shot.

If it would have been on QB it would have been a flag, even if he was out of the play.

Nonetheless, it would not be cool if it was reversed.  Someone doing this to Olsen and everyone here would be outraged.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000420314/Jimmy-Graham-takes-shot-from-Thomas-Davis Here is video

beat my analogy by a minute.

I actually agree. it was pretty cheap, and I love me some TD. If Vaccaro did that poo to Olsen you people would be screaming for a 2 game suspension.

I have nothing but respect for TD. I guess he was just trying to send a message, and I'm ok with that. Just thought it was a bit of a cheap shot.

edit:  there may be some helmet to helmet on this...

thanks, looks pretty legit to me..  

I saw it as it was within 5 yards, TD was trying to disrupt any delayed routes he might be considering. Cheap? I guess it could be looked at that way. I saw it as a heads up preemptive play. TD didn't know the play wasn't going to come that way.

Trying to disrupt a delayed route? :lol: that might be the understatement of the year. Disrupt? He destroyed any thought of a delayed route lol.

Archived