• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets vs Knicks Game thread.

TheMaulClaw

They don't have a clue how to guard the Triangle. Henderson is balls. I understand having a bad shooting night. It's starting to become the norm with this team though. Yet Hairston one of best shooters sits on the bench while were down 15.

The triangle is such an overrated system. If we were fighting through screens they wouldn't be getting these open looks.

The triangle is such ab overrated system. If we were fighting through screens they wouldn't be getting these open looks.

Triangle is designed to put the defender in damned if you do damned if you don't situations.  If you go under the screen it creates an open jumper.  If you fight through the screen it creates a lane to cut to the basket.  It requires quick and active defensive help....which is Big Al's weakness.

Triangle is designed to put the defender in damned if you do damned if you don't situations. If you go under the screen it creates an open jumper. If you fight through the screen it creates a lane to cut to the basket. It requires quick and active defensive help....which is Big Al's weakness.

If Prigioni is on the perimeter you go over. I'd rather see him drive the ball than get an open 3.

The triangle is such ab overrated system. If we were fighting through screens they wouldn't be getting these open looks.

The troubling thing for me is that opening night, we were at least in the shooters face as they released... the last two games, we're not even near them when they release.

Clifford said pretty quickly when asked, that our defense, especially early on, is the problem. He mentioned how we showed what we were capable of in the 4th qtr against the Bucks but we don't start the game like that, and we certainly don't sustain it.

Archived