• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston Is Better Than Gerald Henderson

Proudiddy

Hairston played pretty badly from where I'm sitting.

Liability on defense

needlessly jacked up contested jumpers on offense

I don't see how this is a thread.

Sent from my KFSOWI using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I only saw one shot where he jacked it up early in the clock and after one pass or so... 

He played less than half of the time Hendo played and had virtually the same stats across the board.  Furthermore, we know the potential he has offensively and being that our team has an issue settling for jumpers, it certainly wouldn't hurt to put a guy out there that can actually hit them when he takes them.

Plus, Hendo has sucked for awhile now and Clifford's favoritism towards him is negatively affecting the team.

You're not a Carolina fan, allowing you to look at Hairston objectively.

I'm not a fan, I'm an alum, and before I went to school there I had to be convinced by my wife (who was already a student there) to go there because I hated them.  It's not homerism... 

Like I've said, if we drafted Grant Hill coming out of Duke, I would be wearing Grant Hill underwear to sleep.

PJ is just better, both in ability and potential.  I could give a crap less where they went to school...

I'm not a fan, I'm an alum, and before I went to school there I had to be convinced by my wife (who was already a student there) to go there because I hated them. It's not homerism...

Like I've said, if we drafted Grant Hill coming out of Duke, I would be wearing Grant Hill underwear to sleep.

PJ is just better, both in ability and potential. I could give a crap less where they went to school...

Don't even waste your time addressing this BS. You don't need to justify your thread because of their inability to not obsess over UNC.

Yeah, that's what I find so bothersome about it... i literally DGAF about what college they went to. If they went to UNC I may have seen them play a bit more than other guys, but that's it. A guy at work is the only reason I know who our incoming freshman are this season. You know why? Because IDGAF lol.

I have always loved pro basketball more than college. Regardless of where I went to school, if a guy can help my team in the pros, bring him in... Now, I, as well as many other Tarheel fans and non-tarheel fans alike, saw what PJ did in the conference play and then the ACC tourney two years ago. Furthermore, you have former players turned analysts comparing PJ to Mitch Richmond while watching him play in Summer League. Lol... But nah, I'm just a Carolina Blue-glasses wearing homer who has it out for all other players from other college teams.

Hendo played what? 35 mins and had 6 points and got torched by his man all night. He has reached his potential. That experiment is over. On to the next one.

Yeah, that's what I find so bothersome about it... i literally DGAF about what college they went to. If they went to UNC I may have seen them play a bit more than other guys, but that's it. A guy at work is the only reason I know who our incoming freshman are this season. You know why? Because IDGAF lol.

I have always loved pro basketball more than college. Regardless of where I went to school, if a guy can help my team in the pros, bring him in... Now, I, as well as many other Tarheel fans and non-tarheel fans alike, saw what PJ did in the conference play and then the ACC tourney two years ago. Furthermore, you have former players turned analysts comparing PJ to Mitch Richmond while watching him play in Summer League. Lol... But nah, I'm just a Carolina Blue-glasses wearing homer who has it out for all other players from other college teams.

Hendo played what? 35 mins and had 6 points and got torched by his man all night. He has reached his potential. That experiment is over. On to the next one.

The last paragraph is the biggest reason I'd like to see PJ over Gerald. Henderson has reached his ceiling and with his injury he now looks worse.

Since it appears his days are numbered here, I'd rather be excited about the possibility of the future than lament that Hendo never became the player we thought he could be at one time.

I only saw one shot where he jacked it up early in the clock and after one pass or so... 

He played less than half of the time Hendo played and had virtually the same stats across the board.  Furthermore, we know the potential he has offensively and being that our team has an issue settling for jumpers, it certainly wouldn't hurt to put a guy out there that can actually hit them when he takes them.

Plus, Hendo has sucked for awhile now and Clifford's favoritism towards him is negatively affecting the team.

Don't get me wrong, PJ needs to play to get better.  But right now, at this point in his development, it's pretty clear to me that he's the 5th best wing option, still.

Archived