• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston Is Better Than Gerald Henderson

Proudiddy

If PJ were better than Henderson right now, PJ would be in front of Henderson. He isn't. What does that tell you?

Unless you're saying that Coach Clifford is either:

1 - Not properly evaluating PJ, in which case we should question his (or his staff's) qualifications to coach at this level.

2 - Is intentionally leaving a better player on the bench for personal reasons, which would again bring into question his qualifications to coach.

If you DON'T agree that Clifford is doing either of the above 2 options, then why, pray tell, should PJ play ahead of Henderson?

Why are you making it this so difficult? That ECU education didn't really help too much with your inference skills, did it? There's no fugging conspiracy - there's no lack of talent evaluation. It's pretty simple for those without clouded UNC hater brains. I'll make it easier for you.

1) Hendo is a vet, a captain, and a former starter. He's 100% going to start in front of PJ out of the gate. Why wouldn't he? He would and he has. Is there anyone who is surprised?

2) PJ's a rookie and has a higher ceiling than Hendo. Is this point not obvious to you? Does it really even need to be debated?

3) Hendo has "some" value in the trade market - more value than he does as a future piece of this team.

4) If Hendo isn't SO much better than PJ, does it not make sense to develop the rookie and try to move Hendo while he still has value?

Number four is most related to the OP - just based on the simple eyeball test through four games if you can't tell Hendo isn't helping this team then you need to just stick to your college football team.

Nah....I'm just kidding. Hendo is the man - I just want PJ to play because he played for the Heels a few years ago and I don't really care about what's best for the Hornets.

I'm not saying Henderson is "the man."  We KNOW what we have with Henderson, and he's proven it over a long career.  He's a productive player who occasionally goes through slumps, but also occasionally dominates.

How in the world do you KNOW that PJ has a higher ceiling than Henderson does?  PJ very well could be a bust.  Big #'s in the D-League do not necessarily translate to a successful NBA career.  This is the point I struggle so much with when it comes to PJ homers. 

We don't know ANYTHING about PJ's potential in the NBA.  Should he maybe get some more playing time to try and prove that he can produce?  Possibly.  But I don't know if that's possible (or smart) when this team that has playoff aspirations.  On a Bobcats team of old?  Of course.  Let him play 20 minutes a game.  But not now. 

I'm not saying Henderson is "the man."

How in the world do you KNOW that PJ has a higher ceiling than Henderson does? PJ very well could be a bust. Big #'s in the D-League do not necessarily translate to a successful NBA career. This is the point I struggle so much with when it comes to PJ homers.

We don't know ANYTHING about PJ's potential in the NBA. Should he maybe get some more playing time to try and prove that he can produce? Possibly. But I don't know if that's possible (or smart) when this team that has playoff aspirations. On a Bobcats team of old? Of course. Let him play 20 minutes a game. But not now.

Here's what we do know....Hendo isn't helping this team make the playoffs. Next man up.... "oh no the next man up went to UNC!!"

I'm not surprised you're not able to admit PJ has a higher ceiling. I know your hater card would possibly be revoked if you admired the obvious.

Here's what we do know....Hendo isn't helping this team make the playoffs. Next man up.... "oh no the next man up went to UNC!!"

I'm not surprised you're not able to admit PJ has a higher ceiling. I know you're hater card would possibly be revoked if you admired the obvious.

*Facepalm*

Once again...

If it were so obvious like you say, Coach Clifford would have PJ in the game more than Henderson.  Period.

Clifford wants to win.  You're crazy if you think he'd leave a vastly superior player on the bench out of loyalty towards a vet.  Coaches lose their jobs that way.  Maybe...just maybe... it's just that PJ isn't as good as Henderson.  They have this thing in the NBA called practice.. and PJ gets to play an awful lot there.  All the potential in the world doesn't mean jack if you don't produce.  I know that's a difficult concept for you to grasp, apparently... but it'll come to you eventually.

Now who is the one bringing college bias into the argument?  The only thing I said was that the biggest PJ homers are UNC fans.  Which is an accurate statement.  I don't dislike PJ at all.  If he can come in and drop 30 for us every night, fugging awesome.  I'll buy a damn PJ jersey.  He's a Hornet so I support him.  It just seems that it's the UNC folks on here that are blinded by bias, starting these stupid threads, and demanding that he get playing time over a proven veteran... 4 games into the season.

*Facepalm*

Once again...

If it were so obvious like you say, Coach Clifford would have PJ in the game more than Henderson. Period.

Clifford wants to win. You're crazy if you think he'd leave a vastly superior player on the bench out of loyalty towards a vet. Coaches lose their jobs that way. Maybe...just maybe... it's just that PJ isn't as good as Henderson. They have this thing in the NBA called practice.. and PJ gets to play an awful lot there. All the potential in the world doesn't mean jack if you don't produce. I know that's a difficult concept for you to grasp, apparently... but it'll come to you eventually.

Now who is the one bringing college bias into the argument? The only thing I said was that the biggest PJ homers are UNC fans. Which is an accurate statement. I don't dislike PJ at all. If he can come in and drop 30 for us every night, fugging awesome. I'll buy a damn PJ jersey. He's a Hornet so I support him. It just seems that it's the UNC folks on here that are blinded by bias, starting these stupid threads, and demanding that he get playing time over a proven veteran... 4 games into the season.

Facepalm is right man.

Go back and quote one time where I said "vastly superior".

This is pointless with you....keep bringing UNC up in every thread since you're obsessed with them.

I'm not saying Henderson is "the man."  We KNOW what we have with Henderson, and he's proven it over a long career.  He's a productive player who occasionally goes through slumps, but also occasionally dominates.

How in the world do you KNOW that PJ has a higher ceiling than Henderson does?  PJ very well could be a bust.  Big #'s in the D-League do not necessarily translate to a successful NBA career.  This is the point I struggle so much with when it comes to PJ homers. 

We don't know ANYTHING about PJ's potential in the NBA.  Should he maybe get some more playing time to try and prove that he can produce?  Possibly.  But I don't know if that's possible (or smart) when this team that has playoff aspirations.  On a Bobcats team of old?  Of course.  Let him play 20 minutes a game.  But not now. 

Correction: we THOUGHT we KNEW what we had in Henderson - a limited offensive player, but a good defender. So far he's been garbage on both ends.

Occasionally dominates? I'm guessing you're also a Duke fan.

Correction: we THOUGHT we KNEW what we had in Henderson - a limited offensive player, but a good defender. So far he's been garbage on both ends.

Occasionally dominates? I'm guessing you're also a Duke fan.

Haha no way.  I grew up a Wake Forest fan, but am 100% ECU since '02.

The 2nd half of the 2012-2013 season, Gerald played OUTSTANDING.  He's put up 35 a few times, has had 10 rebound games, and plays great defense.  He's not consistent, but there have been games where he's unguardable.

But in no way do I like any of the Triangle basketball teams.

Fine.

Will someone please show me tangible evidence or proof that PJ is a better player than Neal or Henderson?  NBA statistics, please. 

He must be on the bench for a reason.  Maybe it's because he's a rookie.  Maybe it's because he forces stupid shots in the limited playing time he does get.  Maybe it's because he doesn't play defense as well as Henderson does. 

It could be any number of reasons.  But it's insanely frustrating that so many people claim to know that PJ is better than whoever else on the team.  Really?  You know that?  Why don't you call Clifford and let him know.  I'm sure he'd welcome your input.

I have a pretty strong feeling that this post is going to look more and more dumb after every game. It definitely does after tonight's game.

But go ahead and tell us more about how bad PJ is because he shot ~25% from the floor and how much better Hendo is on defense. 

Archived