• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston Is Better Than Gerald Henderson

Proudiddy

*Facepalm*

Once again...

If it were so obvious like you say, Coach Clifford would have PJ in the game more than Henderson. Period.

Clifford wants to win. You're crazy if you think he'd leave a vastly superior player on the bench out of loyalty towards a vet. Coaches lose their jobs that way. Maybe...just maybe... it's just that PJ isn't as good as Henderson. They have this thing in the NBA called practice.. and PJ gets to play an awful lot there. All the potential in the world doesn't mean jack if you don't produce. I know that's a difficult concept for you to grasp, apparently... but it'll come to you eventually.

Now who is the one bringing college bias into the argument? The only thing I said was that the biggest PJ homers are UNC fans. Which is an accurate statement. I don't dislike PJ at all. If he can come in and drop 30 for us every night, fugging awesome. I'll buy a damn PJ jersey. He's a Hornet so I support him. It just seems that it's the UNC folks on here that are blinded by bias, starting these stupid threads, and demanding that he get playing time over a proven veteran... 4 games into the season.

Fine.

Will someone please show me tangible evidence or proof that PJ is a better player than Henderson? NBA statistics, please.

PJ- 12.8 PER

GH- 8.5 PER

PJ is a much more effecient player.

PJ- 5.7 Pts, 37% Fg, 45% 2pt, 33% 3pt, 52 TS%

GH- 3.9 Pts, 37% Fg, 42% 2pt, 16% 3pt, 45 TS%

PJ is an infinitely better shooter and more effecient scorer.

PJ- 1.8 Reb, 1.0 Ast, 0.2 Stl, 0.5 Blk, 0.7 Tov

GH- 1.7 Reb, 0.7 Ast, 0.7 Stl, 0.1 Blk, 0.5 Tov

PJ puts up equal numbers across the board.

PJ- 0.2 Defensive W/S

GH- 0.1 Defensive W/S

PJ is a better defensive player.

PJ- 13 minutes per game

GH- 16 minutes per game

PJ does all this in fewer minutes played.

There is your tangible proof showing that PJ is better than Henderson. I used current 2014-15 NBA statistics, as you requested. Anything else I can get for you? If not, please continue you biased bashing of a player.

PJ- 12.8 PER

GH- 8.5 PER

PJ is a much more effecient player.

PJ- 5.7 Pts, 37% Fg, 45% 2pt, 33% 3pt, 52 TS%

GH- 3.9 Pts, 37% Fg, 42% 2pt, 16% 3pt, 45 TS%

PJ is an infinitely better shooter and more effecient scorer.

PJ- 1.8 Reb, 1.0 Ast, 0.2 Stl, 0.5 Blk, 0.7 Tov

GH- 1.7 Reb, 0.7 Ast, 0.7 Stl, 0.1 Blk, 0.5 Tov

PJ puts up equal numbers across the board.

PJ- 0.2 Defensive W/S

GH- 0.1 Defensive W/S

PJ is a better defensive player.

PJ- 13 minutes per game

GH- 16 minutes per game

PJ does all this in fewer minutes played.

There is your tangible proof showing that PJ is better than Henderson. I used current 2014-15 NBA statistics, as you requested. Anything else I can get for you? If not, please continue you biased bashing of a player.

Look....you're making it really difficult for him to make this into a UNC hate issue. The least he can do is show back up and try to defend his points he felt so strongly about.

PJ has done well on offense and he's made some good defensive plays.  I am now on the PJ side of this debate.

That said, he repeatedly hurt us on defense while he was in against Golden State.  Got toasted to a crisp.

PJ has done well on offense and he's made some good defensive plays. I am now on the PJ side of this debate.

That said, he repeatedly hurt us on defense while he was in against Golden State. Got toasted to a crisp.

Hendo still was worse.

One possession he drove, spun around and dribbled off his foot leading to a wide open layup.

Another he bricked a fadeaway jumper 5 seconds into the shotclock, again leading to a GS fast break score.

Then finally he commited a terrible foul after falling asleep on D, resulting in GS free throws.

PJ was bad on defense, but he still contributed on offense. He only hit a shot or two but just his presence opened up the offense. On the other hand, if Henderson isn't playing excellent defense and turnover free ball he is a major liability and hurts the team.

Henderson is a solid backup and has value, just not on this team. Too many wing players and too many non-perimeter threats. He's the odd man out and will certainly be moved at some point.

Archived