• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you have done?

Ricky Spanish

90% of the fanbase was thrilled with the tag at the time. That's a hindsight call, that's why I said AFTER Hardy was tagged.

Didnt like the Hardy tag for several reasons. That isn't hindsight....it all starts with the tag. It handicapped us to a level and waa the signal reasons we downgraded at several different spots. It was huge.

After the tag? Not sign two clones in Avent and Cotchery. Needed one. Other WR should of been youthful top end speed.

FA additions are always a crap shot. We wasted money at TE, S, WR, etc. I likely wouldn't of signed the TE. I think Brandon has too much potential and is better. I get what they tried to do at S....but Harper aged out and brings no attitude.

i was in the 10% that wasn't thrilled. i questioned it all along. far too much money invested in two players from the same position.

Yep.

90% was thrilled with us extended both Double Trouble. How'd that work. When you over invest at one position it comes at a price. Rarely works IMO. Team sport. Need a team

Didnt like the Hardy tag for several reasons. That isn't hindsight....it all starts with the tag. It handicapped us to a level and waa the signal reasons we downgraded at several different spots. It was huge.

After the tag? Not sign two clones in Avent and Cotchery. Needed one. Other WR should of been youthful top end speed.

FA additions are always a crap shot. We wasted money at TE, S, WR, etc. I likely wouldn't of signed the TE. I think Brandon has too much potential and is better. I get what they tried to do at S....but Harper aged out and brings no attitude.

I agree with you on the Hardy re-signing. I thought it made a lot of sense to spread that money over other areas, but I also see the line of thinking with keeping that Defensive line in tact. All fair enough points, but who do you sign at those positions you listed? you just said you would have signed someone else. Who?

you missed were he said you already tagged hardy, so now answer again

i'm not going to play by that rule since that was the one thing i would have not done that i thought would be the thing that caused the avalanche we now see.

and as far as naming players....i'm not going do that either because i refuse to believe there were no better choices available either pre or post hardy tagging than a guy who we all knew sucked as an RT and some scrub who couldn't cut it as a DT that we moved to RT. we have the two worst OTs in the league and the weakest OL as a whole the league has probably ever seen, and that's not being melodramatic. that's something we have earned. the fact that we passed on a lot of talent in FA and in the draft at OT means nothing to me considering these two clowns thought that we could get by with bell and chandler and bullheadedly refused to bring in ANY competition that wasn't either here before or a udfa rookie.

I agree with you on the Hardy re-signing. I thought it made a lot of sense to spread that money over other areas, but I also see the line of thinking with keeping that Defensive line in tact. All fair enough points, but who do you sign at those positions you listed? you just said you would have signed someone else. Who?

That is a question we can't really answer. League full of players. We have draft picks and all sorts of means to look at guys. It isn't as simple as just looking at a FA list and saying that guy. There are 31 other teams with rosters full of guys, an entire draft and FAs.

Take WR. There is tons of speed out there. Tons. We got none. Absurd

Cut Bell

Signed about two OTs really any average joe would be an upgrade.

Kept Steve

Kept Ginn

Kept Munnerly and Mitchell

Let Hardy walk

Draft Jordan Matthews in the second

Fire Shula and Dorsey and hire competent replacements

Not extend Ron and make him prove it

Where are you getting all that money?

That is a question we can't really answer. League full of players. We have draft picks and all sorts of means to look at guys. It isn't as simple as just looking at a FA list and saying that guy.

Why can't you though? everyone says "some other guy" but WHO is that other guy you would have taken in the draft, WHO is that other guy you would have signed instead of Harper? I'm not asking for the moon here, just viable alternative options to what we did. 

Yep.

90% was thrilled with us extended both Double Trouble. How'd that work. When you over invest at one position it comes at a price. Rarely works IMO. Team sport. Need a team

i thought keeping double trouble was a good idea at the time and have since changed my perception of puttimg that much emphasis and money into one position. the only position that should be considered at all in allocating that much of the team's resources is QB, but even then, it's a monumental risk.

i don't care how good your QB is, if you give him anything close to 1/3 9f your team's cap, you are going to suffer within a few years.

Archived