• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USMNT Thread

FuFuLamePoo

I think there used to be one on here, but I figured I'd make a thread all things USMNT.  Prospects, upcoming games/tournaments, etc.  Got Columbia at the Craven cottage tomorrow.  Should be a fun game, here's an interesting lineup I would like to see 4-3-3:

-------------Altidore-------------------

--Green--------------------Rubin------

---------------Nguyen------------------

-------Jones-------------Yedlin-------

Beasley---Besler---Cameron--Fabian

----------------Guzan-------------------

Subs: Garza for Beasley, Ibarra for Rubin, Mix for Lee

The actual lineup will look nothing like this, I just wouldn't mind seeing it I think.  I get a little too creative sometimes.  A lot of options.... I'd like to see Fabian in the midfield.  If JK plays Jones at CB again I bet that means Fabian will be in the midfield.  I really think we have something special for the next cycle in lee Nguyen.  He is just what we need in the midfield.  Knows how to attack and is a tremendous finisher, I'm calling it right now he'll be one of our vital pieces for Russia 2018.  Green scored that tremendous WC goal but hasn't done anything since, although he's still a great prospect at this point for us.  As is Rubio Rubin.... very young and raw but possesses real talent.  Another name to remember going forwards is Emerson Hyndman.... so much talent.  We have some fun and exciting prospects.

Mexico is about to become a serious problem.  Their forwards are in a different league than ours right now.  Yesterday against Holland they had Vela, Jiminez, Chicharito, dos Santos while we have Jozy Altidore, Jordan Morris, Miguel Ibarra, and Bobby Wood for Columbia.  However I say our midfield is definitely better than theirs right now.... but I think the way Mexico is going to be able to play is they will be able to have a defensive mindset and still be dangerous going forwards.  When Mexico's back line is clicking and their backs get width they're going to be hard to beat. 

Klinsmann's seat has to be warming up.  His roster decisions make no sense most of the time these days and the team is playing with no spark.  If we don't win copa oro and have a really poor showing he may need to get the axe.  We have copa america coming up in 2016.  A huge chance to have soccer grow in this country but the way the team is looking right now we won't even make it out of a group.  

Klinsmann calling out our best player and bashing our domestic league... he's made a lot of people mad.  He says he wants to play attacking and exciting soccer yet we never see it he only bunkers.  I know he may be doing that because his personnel best suits that philosophy but still.  We can't score goals anymore for poo, have we won a game since Ghana?  Have we scored more than 1 goal in a game since Portugal?

His roster decisions just piss me off.  It's clear he's holding something against MLS players.  Thank God he finally gave Nguyen a chance (which he was almost forced to do) but so many quality MLS players still don't get a chance because he has to keep calling up Bobby Wood

To be fair, MLS caliber talent doesn't exactly inspire international coaches. I believe the USMNT only has 3 players who can be considered top tier at their positions and 1 potential future star. Perhaps Klinsmann feels uneasy about chemistry and/or depth?

But the MLS is always going to be the foundation for our national team.  I can't see us ever becoming like Belgium, Colombia, Brazil, etc and building a great national team even though most of the players don't play in the domestic league.  And if we ever are gonna be like that we're awhile away because we have very few players right now that are capable of playing in top flight European leagues.  The best way to strengthen the national team for the U.S. is so strengthen the domestic league and Jurgen does nothing but poo on the MLS.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (unattached), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Jon Kempin (Sporting Kansas City), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Christian Dean (Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (out of contract), Dennis Flores (Club Leon), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Marc Pelosi (Liverpool), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC) 

FORWARDS (6): Tesho Akindele (FC Dallas), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Julio Morales (Tepic), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

Here are the names selected for January camp.  Can't believe we're still seeing guys like Wondolowski and Brad Evans.  I've also never even heard of some of these guys like Dennis Flores and Julio Morales.  Also there are no outside backs, Robbie Rogers not getting a call up is just sad and unfortunate.  It seems like there may be something behind the theory that JK is a homophobe, really disappointing.  Rogers was the best LB in the MLS this year and can get forward, feel like he would be great for the USMNT.  I am excited to see Zardes and Nguyen though.  High hopes for Akindele too.

Archived