• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does PFF even watch football?

SgtJoo

People talking poo about KB need to pump the damn brakes.

Considering the fact that Kelvin Benjamin has been the focal point of our WR core despite being a rookie who came into said core after the general manager completely cleared it out, I have to say he has been pretty damn impressive considering the circumstances we put him in.

I've been disappointed with the drops I've seen from him, but when taking into account all the factors, I'm thrilled to have him.

Based on what we know from him, he should only continue to perfect his craft and improve in the coming years.

He has more drops than any rookie, he's been quitting on his routes, and he has been the most penalized of those listed as well. 

Having said that, the only receivers targeted more in the NFL than him thus far this year are Jeremy Maclin, Julio Jones, DeMaryius Thomas, and Antonio Brown.

He's a rookie playing like a rookie as a number one option. No one is saying he's not good. He's just not an all around receiver yet. 

Considering the fact that Kelvin Benjamin has been the focal point of our WR core despite being a rookie who came into said core after the general manager completely cleared it out, I have to say he has been pretty damn impressive considering the circumstances we put him in.

I've been disappointed with the drops I've seen from him, but when taking into account all the factors, I'm thrilled to have him.

Based on what we know from him, he should only continue to perfect his craft and improve in the coming years.

KB and Olsen are the only things we have on offense this year.

KB isn't playing like a rookie even with some of the drops. Shula and Rivera are underutilizing Cam, KB, and everyone else. I can only imagine KB with a legit OC who could put him in situation to win every battle.

Definitely skewed because he IS the entirety of our receiving corps. More balls thrown his way than any other rookie I'm sure. That and I don't think style points factor into anything for PFF, do they?

That said, Kelvin Benjamin is so overrated by this fan base. I think he'll improve next year, but some of his route running has been abysmal, he's been super lazy at times, and has had some awful drops. Mike Evans should be ROTY and not Kelvin Benjamin. I would have him ranked around 6th or 7th in terms of rookie receivers this year, not LOL 34th, but not #1 or even #2 either.

I'm more frustrated with him not using his body and giving up on routes, both those slants he ran the past two weeks led to turnovers because he didn't run them precisely. You could even see Ricky Proehl yelling at him yesterday about it.

Archived