• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A coach who takes the hit for his teams failure

Jmac

Last night the pathetic Jets got waxed by a team that couldn't practice and played a home game in Detroit. Rex Ryan stood in front of the podium after the blowout and blamed himself for his teams performamce. Knowing that this game probably sealed his fate, he still had the guts to put it on his shoulders. Keep this in mind if things don't go well in the last five games. Time for a certain coach to man up and take the blame for the result and not throw players under the bus. It will be interesting to see how Rivera handles this if he fails to get this team ready to play.

the last time rivera admitted he made mistakes we went on to a 12 win season.

i guess he learned everything there is to know and now it's everyone else's fault they are failing. after all, he's coach of the year. it just CAN'T be his fault they suck.

I think twice in his career here he stood in front of podium and put blame on himself and coaches. That was this year. Lack of team focus with all the drama earlier this year and I think one of the most recent blowouts he said they have to do a better job. Thats it in 4 years I can remember

In waiting for Rivera to be like, "Nortman only punted the ball 40 yards that one time, setting them up on their 25. We need him to be more consistent even though he punted every other ball 75+ yards and the score was 99-3. If he made that punt, it's a different game".

Archived