• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Al Wallace said Cam Newton will never be a franchise qb

Ruff

Put all those "Good QB's" 1st 4 years numbers against Cam's then come and talk to me..

While you're doing that find me a "Good QB" who was consistent in the situation Cam was put in this year??

You do the research and then post it kid. I guarantee all those great qbs showed steady progress in their first 4 years and not regression like Cam has. You're so desperate for a competent QB that you're willing to designate 1/6 of your team's cap to him. Unacceptable. I don't see how some of you can't see this it's remarkable.

All I got to say is look at Cam the first 3 years when he carried this team on his shoulders and the numbers he was able to put up. Then look at his supporting cast this year. It's no coincidence his play goes down when he's had the worst cast around him of his career. So yes. Pay the man.

Yes! Pay the man so we can provide him with no weapons for years to come. Yes, let's pay a QB that kind of money that can't even make all the throws. I have a feeling we are going to be making excuses for Cam his whole career until he retires.

I think it's a myth that Cam carried this team. We did not have a winning season until we had a very good defense. Luck is one who carried his team without a good defense.

it's not a Myth that we had 6 and 7 wins with a top 10 offense and a bottom 20 defense Cam's 1st 2 years..

Unless Myth is a new term for Fact now....

The team has regressed as a whole... Why is Cam the only person who shouldn't get paid??? At least he has 3 years of success before this one...

And how do people not notice the pattern 

Panther's voted by every football publication to have had the worst Off-season + Cam injured all of the off- season = Cam having a down year...

That should be simple math to see..

And please don't compare Cam to RG3 who at least has been giving talent around him and failed...

We haven't done that yet for Cam by the way...

We are in this state as a franchise because of our penchant for handing out big contracts at the wrong time. Why repeat the cycle when history is there to guide us? No one is saying don't pay him, just don't give him that outrageous contracts that elite QBs get.

it's not a Myth that we had 6 and 7 wins with a top 10 offense and a bottom 20 defense Cam's 1st 2 years..

Unless Myth is a new term for Fact now....

So he carried us to two losing seasons? That's carrying a team? I am sure you can "carry" the team to a losing season.

And our defense was top ten in 2012; his second year and we also had losing season.

That other guy with your name pretty much shits all over you these days. Ya blew it.

it's difficult to voice an unpopular opinion on this forum. I have nothing against Cam but some Huddlers must think I do. I want to see the team succeed and how does giving 25 million a year to a kid who is still a gamble accomplish that? I want Cam as our QB but not for that much money. If we give him that contract we won't be able to improve the rest of the roster and the cycle will repeat.

You do the research and then post it kid. I guarantee all those great qbs showed steady progress in their first 4 years and not regression like Cam has. You're so desperate for a competent QB that you're willing to designate 1/6 of your team's cap to him. Unacceptable. I don't see how some of you can't see this it's remarkable.

Here you go Captain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Newton#NFL_accomplishments_and_records

Now how many of your "good QB's"' have this many records on their wiki page???

I think it's a myth that Cam carried this team. We did not have a winning season until we had a very good defense. Luck is one who carried his team without a good defense.

Thank You! Cam hasn't carried sh*t. His only winning season was when we had an elite defense. Carrying your team actually involves having a winning record. Hell, Cam couldn't even carry our team to a .500 record until last year. Even RGIII legitimately carried his team to the playoffs his rookie year. You can't say a QB is carrying your team when you are 28-31-1 as a starter.

So he carried us to two losing seasons? That's carrying a team? I am sure you can "carry" the team to a losing season.

And our defense was top ten in 2012; his second year and we also had losing season.

Our defense in the 2nd year didn't become a better defense until half way thru the season when Luke became a starter.

Also were talking about a offense that was the worst in NFL history the year before Cam got here..... Then top 5 in scoring his rookie year...

FACT pimp

it's difficult to voice an unpopular opinion on this forum. I have nothing against Cam but some Huddlers must think I do. I want to see the team succeed and how does giving 25 million a year to a kid who is still a gamble accomplish that? I want Cam as our QB but not for that much money. If we give him that contract we won't be able to improve the rest of the roster and the cycle will repeat

There is voicing an unpopular opinion, and then there is simply being a jackass.

Nobody but you is talking about 25 million a year. You heard Newton or his agent say he wants 25 million a year?

Kid? Aren't you younger than him?

I think it's past your bed time young man.

Archived