• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favorite Hornet of All-Time?

PanthersClinic

I followed the Hornets in New Orleans all the way up to when Tom Benson bought the team. I could not bring myself to pull for a franchise he owned (I mean he owns the Saints for Pete sake). You can think what you want about me. I'm not concerned. That said the all time roster (based on actual number of starts and minutes played with position considered) would be:

PG: Muggsy Bogues

SG: David Wesley

SF: Larry Johnson

PF: David West

C: PJ Brown

6. Dell Curry

7. Chris Paul

8. Baron Davis

9. Glen Rice

10. Anthony Mason

11. Elden Campbell

12. Jamal Mashburn

And truly these are the guys I remember the most as well. PJ Brown holds a unique spot for playing in Charlotte, New Orleans, AND Oklahoma City. Jannero Pargo and Brian Roberts hold unique spots for being on both franchises that ended up with the Hornet name. Pargo being the 6th man on the most successful team called Hornets. 2007-2008 with a 56-26 record and getting the 2nd seed in the Western Conference. Then taking the defending champion Spurs to 7 games in the 2nd round. Still Muggsy and Dell are special for being the last of the original Hornets.

Archived