• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"The Interview" cancelled

Doc Holiday

That movie should have never been made. How anyone could think it's okay to make a movie about murdering the leader of another nation while that leader is in power is beyond me. The fact that North Korea is hostile to us is irrelevant. More than anything it's unnecessary. 

We were fine before the movie was made. It helped no one and it makes us look like idiots to the rest of the world.

I'm sure some of you are super offended because in murica we have freedom of speech. Is that what we stand for? Is this what we are defending? For the rights to make B movies starring Seth Rogen? 

It's like picking on the kid that you know can't deal with it. Then everyone acts surprised when he snaps.

Though I understand where you are coming from I think the movie is admirably bold in what it is trying to do. This is a dictator that deserves to be humiliated and treated like the joke that he is, and for the world to see at that. He is a completely worthless human. The fact that he is still standing and breathing right now is an insult to human progress. If anything he is afraid of his own people seeing it.

I would still go to this movie. But it is one of those things that if something bad happened, it would be "just because of a film". No one should be physically hurt over this. However I hope there will be a way to pay and see this online or on netlix or something.

Attribution Is Difficult If Not Impossible
First off, we have to say that attribution in breaches is difficult. Assertions about who is behind any attack should be treated with a hefty dose of skepticism. Skilled hackers use proxy machines and false IP addresses to cover their tracks or plant false clues inside their malware to throw investigators off their trail. When hackers are identified and apprehended, it’s generally because they’ve made mistakes or because a cohort got arrested and turned informant.

Nation-state attacks often can be distinguished by their level of sophistication and modus operandi, but attribution is no less difficult. It’s easy for attackers to plant false flags that point to North Korea or another nation as the culprit. And even when an attack appears to be nation-state, it can be difficult to know if the hackers are mercenaries acting alone or with state sponsorship—some hackers work freelance and get paid by a state only when they get access to an important system or useful intelligence; others work directly for a state or military. Then there are hacktivists, who can be confused with state actors because their geopolitical interests and motives jibe with a state’s interests.

Distinguishing between all of these can be impossible unless you’re an intelligence agency like the NSA, with vast reach into computers around the world, and can uncover evidence about attribution in ways that law enforcement agents legally cannot.

So let’s look at what’s known.

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/evidence-of-north-korea-hack-is-thin/

I guess it is possible that the NSA has enough horsepower to figure it out but I highly doubt they really know.

Maybe an educated guess.

Though I understand where you are coming from I think the movie is admirably bold in what it is trying to do. This is a dictator that deserves to be humiliated and treated like the joke that he is, and for the world to see at that. He is a completely worthless human. The fact that he is still standing and breathing right now is an insult to human progress. If anything he is afraid of his own people seeing it.

I would still go to this movie. But it is one of those things that if something bad happened, it would be "just because of a film". No one should be physically hurt over this. However I hope there will be a way to pay and see this online or on netlix or something.

I agree the guy is a bad human being. I just feel like it needs to be tackled by journalism and not comedy writers.

Are you more disappointed with Sony? Or the hackers who started the entire mess to begin with?

Easy. It would be Sony bro ... pure cowardice on their part. Today is a sad day for freedom of speech. They were probably worried about liability issues in case something happened, or may be the hackers were not bluffing and had some more dirt on Sony.

At the same time though, if a movie was made about assassinating a US president while using his real name while he is office, you gotta expect a backlash. Let's get real

Sony is a Japanese company and North Korea has the capabilities to nuke Japan. Fearless leader is actually crazy enough to do it too. It sucks though because I actually thought the movie looked funny. I can't blame Sony though because if something did happen it'd probably sink them forever.

Archived