• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets talk about Seattle

As I said in another thread: it's the playoffs: dominant defenses fair well against dominant offenses. Give me GB. Stop Lacy, keep them in 2nd and 3rd and longs.

Rogers doesn't throw picks but with Pressure I think we can get a couple strip/sack turnovers b/c he loves to make time in the pocket. In other words do to them what the Cardinals tried to do to us; ugly up the game.

Give us the Seahawks.

Both teams will play smash mouth football.  Score will be low and close.

Packers.........  wtf does anyone want our team to travel to the frozen tundra...and deal with the Packers' two lightning fast WRs...   their bruiser RB...and one of the best qbs of all time....?  And Peppers..  a guy that normally seemed washed up and needing to retire,  except for when he plays against us.   Where he then seems to turn into a monster, normally.

I'd rather take our chance going against a team that plays smash mouth football and good defense.

I'm wondering if the D is still rising... If they have more in the tank and can improve on the great showing yesterday we are in for one hell of a game at either team.

I don't really know how you improve on 77 yards of total offense.

Sure they could have played better in the red zone but when our offense (or special teams) gives their offense a short field you're asking quite a bit out of our defense to hold them.

I guess at the very least they could have held them to field goals but really I have no complaints on that side of the ball.

They're ballers and they'll continue to ball.

The only complaint I would have about the defense is in the redzone. I feel like a stout defense like ours could have done better there vs AZ last night but overrall I have nothing but praise for that performance. Even though the opposing offense was lackluster they didn't want to give a single inch to them. Such discipline can only be praised and admired....

I don't really know how you improve on 77 yards of total offense.

Sure they could have played better in the red zone but when our offense (or special teams) gives their offense a short field you're asking quite a bit out of our defense to hold them.

I guess at the very least they could have held them to field goals but really I have no complaints on that side of the ball.

They're ballers and they'll continue to ball.

Not really referring to the stat, just the fact that any offense we face from here on out will be more potent than any since the resurgence. Shutting down any teams from here on out would trump yesterday's performance. I think they have it in them.

Seattle D is significantly better than Arizona's.

Seattle's D is better than the Cards on paper, but I think it was the 3-4 look with all of the disguised blitzes that really threw Cam off.  I think he will be much more calm and make better reads against a more traditional defensive style (that he's seen 3 years in a row).  That's not to say that I think we will score a lot of points.  Seattle's secondary is rediculously good and their pass rush is adequate, but our strengths on offense match up well against them.  Running game, mobile QB, pro bowl TE. 

Cards defense is another kind of beast that our offense is not used to playing against and our coaches are not used to game planning for.

Not saying AZ's D is better than SEA, just saying the matchups and schemes for AZ are the reason Cam looked uncomfortable a lot of the game.  The offense still managed to score 27 points.

Our D is on par with Seattle's.  That means it will be a close game and one that we can win.

Does their D concern me?  Yes, but not as much as GB's offense in Lambeau in January.

I see that the energy of the team appeared down against Arizona. In my opinion, the team felt like this would be an easier win against a depleted team. I think that the Panthers will play with a little more focus against their competitors here on out.

Archived