• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Grandmother Passes

Excuse me if I sound inconsiderate.  I think that it was highly ill-timed to call him before one of the biggest situations in his career to tell him this.

I am taking away the fan/ football aspect.  If I were going in for a corporate meeting I needed to nail, (though I may say I would want to know when it happens) for my sake tell me afterwards.

Excuse me if I sound inconsiderate.  I think that it was highly ill-timed to call him before one of the biggest situations in his career to tell him this.

I am taking away the fan/ football aspect.  If I were going in for a corporate meeting I needed to nail, (though I may say I would want to know when it happens) for my sake tell me afterwards.

Are you fuging kidding me?  We're talking a game.  An important one, but still a game.  A loved one of his had just died. He has every right to know.

edit: regardless of what he is being paid to do, blah blah... I would never want someone to withhold news like that from me in hopes I perform better. fug them.

Are you fuging kidding me?  We're talking a game.  An important one, but still a game.  A loved one of his had just died. He has every right to know.

edit: regardless of what he is being paid to do, blah blah... I would never want someone to withhold news like that from me in hopes I perform better. fug them.

No I am not "fuging kidding you",  If my SON were about to have to endeavor in one of the biggest situations of his career I would withhold the news from him personally.  I have seen him work his entire life for one moment. Blood, Sweat and Tears. I am not allowing him to take on that moment with such a heavy and grieving heart. 

You are speaking to me as if I said "Who cares about his grandma, Super Bowl all the way!"

We aren't talking about her being in critical condition.  Someone will take this as me being heartless but you have to truly understand where I am coming from... sadly she was gone.  There was nothing that he could do at that point.  Had she been close sure let him know and give him the choice of being there one last time. However I do not personally agree.

But ultimately that is between him and his family, and I can see how my opinion may be an unpopular one. But don't take my message as one of "Who cares about the players as people."

I totally agree with pantherboy. I've told everyone I know not to call me in the middle of the night to tell me somebody's dead, suddenly or otherwise. Tell me in the morning. I can't do anything about anyway, so I'd rather be rested up before getting some bad news like that. I don't play football, but I wouldn't want to be told any bad news right before a game, wait till it's over.

No I am not "fuging kidding you", If my SON were about to have to endeavor in one of the biggest situations of his career I would withhold the news from him personally. I have seen him work his entire life for one moment. Blood, Sweat and Tears. I am not allowing him to take on that moment with such a heavy and grieving heart.

You are speaking to me as if I said "Who cares about his grandma, Super Bowl all the way!"

We aren't talking about her being in critical condition. Someone will take this as me being heartless but you have to truly understand where I am coming from... sadly she was gone. There was nothing that he could do at that point. Had she been close sure let him know and give him the choice of being there one last time. However I do not personally agree.

But ultimately that is between him and his family, and I can see how my opinion may be an unpopular one. But don't take my message as one of "Who cares about the players as people."

IF CJ had said not to tell him, that is fine, but it sounded like you were suggesting doctors deliberately with hold information just so he'd play better, which is shitty if CJ didn't ask for it imo

IF CJ had said not to tell him, that is fine, but it sounded like you were suggesting doctors deliberately with hold information just so he'd play better, which is shitty if CJ didn't ask for it imo

No, definitely not the doctors. That would be such an douche thing to do and warrant punishment if doctors did that as fans. 

I meant his family, if that makes any difference.

Anyway regardless they made the decision they did and quite frankly it's not my business anyway.  Just hate to know he had to play out there in that environment with that weighing on his mind.

Archived