• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

with all the early injurys-- early BYE might be in our favor

bLACKpANTHER

if Beason is not able to go and his return takes longer than expected, the early Bye will give us a chance to get healthy a lil earlier than normal..

i just remembered that i was a little bummed when the schedule came out but now it might play into our favor this year.. and it will also give whatever DT we sign/trade for an early week to do homework and play catch-up

Hidden

if Beason is not able to go and his return takes longer than expected, the early Bye will give us a chance to get healthy a lil earlier than normal..

i just remembered that i was a little bummed when the schedule came out but now it might play into our favor this year.. and it will also give whatever DT we sign/trade for an early week to do homework and play catch-up

Haven't thought about that but you're right. Although I was that upset with it at first anyways. The first 3 games, Philly, Atlanta and Dallas, I thought were a tuff strech and having that week off to prepare for a slightly more managable three games, Washington, Tampa and Arizona, and would allow the team to regroup if needed.

Haven't thought about that but you're right. Although I wasn't that upset with it at first anyways. The first 3 games, Philly, Atlanta and Dallas, I thought were a tuff strech and having that week off to prepare for a slightly more managable three games, Washington, Tampa and Arizona, would allow the team to regroup if needed.

good point - it might be the difference in someone like godfrey going on IR and waiting out a month or so of the season and trying to make a go of it. although i guess no one really knows what the prognosis with him is at this point.

The way I see it, the weeks before the bye are the last weeks for some of our players as starters. If we are ineffective out of the gate, which is virtually assured given our injuries and the fact that we are switching to a new D-Coord's philosophy, then I expect we will use the bye week to make some personnel moves, and reorder the depth chart.

I'm not talking about Matt Moore taking over for Delhomme, nothing earth shattering. Stuff like Brown/Johnson over Brayton, Connor over Diggs, Barnidge over King, Teal over Godfrey (if Godrey ain't IR'd by then), etc.

Archived