• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Mock Offseason

CatalystNX

it doesn't matter if is Charles, there is exactly one team out of the final 4 built on a RB and even that is arguable. it's a waste.

With the way we run our offense, RB is up there with OLine in importance. Melvin Gordon, Jonathan Stewart, Cam Newton with Tolbert and Whitaker also is incredible.

I'm just saying Gordon would be a great pick because of our offensive scheme. If Parker, Smith and Cooper are all gone Gordon should be the top choice considering most top tier OT will be long gone by the time we pick....

We've heard this before...

Those who say no to drafting Trent Richardson are clueless on this guys talent. He will be the best running back in the NFL.

Trent Richardson is going to be as good as Jamal Charles. If already addressed the Tackle and WR spots in free agency it should be a no brainer to take Richardson if he's there.

Those who say no to drafting Melvin Gordon are clueless on this guys talent. He will be the best running back in the NFL and as long as Rivera and Shula are around they'll want to run the ball.

Melvin Gordon is going to be as good as Jamal Charles. If already addressed the Tackle and WR spots in free agency it should be a no brainer to take Gordon if he's there.

I actually agree to an extent.  I know there's a whole low-value stigma attached to the position but Gordon and Abdullah are both top notch guys that IMO will elevate an offense for a lucky NFL team.  

Give me Tevin Coleman. He put up similar numbers to Gordon with a much worse supporting cast around him. Indiana had to play a third string true freshman QB who struggled and teams would stack the box and Tevin would still have huge games even against Ohio State late in the season.

There are going to be two NFL teams that disagree with you this draft.

I assume you'd be referring to the Colts and Browns? In that case, they'd be agreeing with me. The won't take a running back BECAUSE OF TRENT RICHARDSON, right?

You just proved my statement again. Kind of ironic.

Anyways, Melvin Gordon will be an elite offensive player for years to come and anyone who wouldn't want that in the first round just because he's a running back is severely misinformed.

Give me Tevin Coleman. He put up similar numbers to Gordon with a much worse supporting cast around him. Indiana had to play a third string true freshman QB who struggled and teams would stack the box and Tevin would still have huge games even against Ohio State late in the season.

Here is Wisconsin's QB http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/514230/joel-stave Melvin Gordon was literally the only guy DCs focused on when it comes to Wisconsin's offense yet he still posted record setting stats.

I assume you'd be referring to the Colts and Browns? In that case, they'd be agreeing with me. The won't take a running back BECAUSE OF TRENT RICHARDSON, right?

You just proved my statement again. Kind of ironic.

Anyways, Melvin Gordon will be an elite offensive player for years to come and anyone who wouldn't want that in the first round just because he's a running back is severely misinformed.

I'm referring to the two teams that will draft Gordon and Gurley in round 1 this upcoming draft.

I meant to quote the person arguing against drafting them.

Melvin Gordon is literally 3x better then Trent Richardson was in college. I gaurentee that you've never watched a Wisconsin game this year. The guy will be a perineal 1200 yard rusher and if you wouldn't want that at the 25th pick you're insane.

I'm just saying we get these "Peterson-level" guys every few years and sometimes they don't pan out. Richardson was even more highly touted, and was pretty much universally considered a top 5 guy. Comparatively Gordon is probably a mid-first talent.

These "sure things" sometimes don't work out. I don't know how Gordon will do, but we heard the same stuff about Richardson.

Either way, give me a late round RB over a first rounder. The talent drop just isn't as big as other, more important positions.

I'm just saying we get these "Peterson-level" guys every few years and sometimes they don't pan out. Richardson was even more highly touted, and was pretty much universally considered a top 5 guy. Comparatively Gordon is probably a mid-first talent.

These "sure things" sometimes don't work out. I don't know how Gordon will do, but we heard the same stuff about Richardson.

Either way, give me a late round RB over a first rounder. The talent drop just isn't as big as other, more important positions.

Richardson was drafted onto a Cleveland team that had no one else aside from Josh Gordon to be concerned about. He actually had a decent rookie season but then Chudzinski was hired and essentially said fug running and traded him. Then he instantly had to learn a new offense and new coaches so early in his career. He's only played 3 seasons and his numbers aren't as abysmal as people are acting like they are (although his 2014 season was pretty bad)

Anyways, I am sorry, but I personally believe drafting a RB this year is as important as getting a WR or a DB. LT is the only more important position but no elite tackles will be there when we pick and we know Gettleman doesn't reach on his top 3 draft picks. You can also find great tackles and WRs in late rounds as easily as you can find great RBs in late rounds.

Mevlin Gordon is speed and power back hybrid that doesn't come around often. Put him with Shula who is actually okay and mixing up running plays and a much improved OL and add Stewart, Cam, Fozzy and Tolbert and we can run the ball as well as Seattle or Dallas IMO.

Archived