• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a Prospect - Jake Fisher

Jeremy Igo

Best combine by far for a OT, but for me that means little to nothing.

Each year huddlers are reminded not to overrate combine, each year that don't. I mean a player that works on the start of his 40, can improve it form 4.7 to 4.5 easily. Fisher looked hes been taught by a GREAT OL coach to prepare for the combine. They know the drills, just shows he put in work.

Look at Oregon stats in the games he played vs. the ones he didn't play. They're staggering.

If Fisher is there at #25, I WANT HIM.

• Pie 1

Look at Oregon stats in the games he played vs. the ones he didn't play. They're staggering.

If Fisher is there at #25, I WANT HIM.

Will do, form technical standpoint he looked flawless. Its early in the process, I had him as a solid early 3rd, but I'm betting he will look better at his pro day. Riser confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ourlads (which is used by pro scouts and personnel) has us taking Jake Fisher at #25, writing: "For Cam Newton ever to realize his full potential there needs to be a sense of protection in front of him. Fisher is not underrated in the NFL scouting circles and projects to be a long time starter."

already off the board were Peat, Flowers, La'el, Scherff and Erving

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/mock/2015/ourlads-mock-draft-1.0-pre-combine/81

ex-scout Bryan Broaddus shares his thoughts on the OL at the combine :

"Just watching these offensive line workouts, it appears that there are more candidates to line up on the right side than on the left, which could help the Cowboys in case they have to go that direction. The tackles that worked out well enough to consider on that left side were T.J. Clemmings, Jake Fisher, Laurence Gibson (of VT) and D.J. Humphries. I wouldn’t be afraid to put anyone of these guys I mentioned on the right side as well."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/02/21/scout’s-eye-notes-and-observations-offensive-line-and-tight-end-groups

My favorite in the draft class. Watched a lot of his games. No reason he wasn't in the talks for 1st round in the first place imo.

Jawan James was projected to be a second to third rounder last year.  He was arguably the best roolie LT in 2014 (went around #19).

We tend to look at one or two sites and value players based on what those crack heads tell us.  However, I cannot see why Flowers is better than Fisher--In fact, I think Fisher is a round better.

I rarely hear talk of Laurence Gibson, and he will be a second rounder, imo.

Edited by MHS831