• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a Prospect - Jake Fisher

Jeremy Igo

Lol

Good lord. This is the worst draft ever. 47 prospects will be gone before pick 25.

That's the thing, there are probably 47 prospects that could be gone at 25.  That's what's so maddening about this draft.  From around pick 13 or so, you have about 30-40 guys that have qualities that scream 1st round talent, but they also have negatives that also scream potential bust.

I think it's why you see so many fans jump from prospect to prospect, depending on who is currently being talked up.  IMO, this will be the FIT draft.  While most successful GM's tend to look for BPA, I think this year they're going to be putting more attention than usual on who is the right fit for their team.  Without much separation between the players ranked from 15-45, teams are going to put more emphasis on what a player can do in their system than where they are ranked on their board.  So more than most drafts, I think we could see more than the usual number of players taking big drops.  Particularly, I think we'll see more than a couple of guys everyone thought were locks for round one drop well into the 2nd, and guys most think of 2nd round talents being taken in the 1st.  

In other words, this may be the most intriguing draft quite in a while.

Edited by Woodie

I still like Fisher...but I really think there's going to be even better talent there for us at 25.  I actually think most tackles take a fall in this draft.  A big thing I'm wondering is if one of the commonly expressed "1st rounders" are sitting there at 57.     

Also,  this is one of the more conflicted tackle classes I've seen in some time when looking on the web or whatever resource.  There are lists with almost every prospect from Peat to Scherff to Collins to Humphries to Clemmings to Fisher being the top OT group.  I just don't see a single one that stands above the rest and screams "draft me" over the others.   

I guess every pick in the draft is either going to be a 4th round pick or gone 24 picks ahead of us.

Huddle gonna huddle.

Quality LT don't last long (see La'Wuan James). There are plenty of analysts calling Fisher the best pure LT in the Draft. He compares extremely favorably to Lane Johnson who went #4 overall. 

Lol

Good lord. This is the worst draft ever. 47 prospects will be gone before pick 25.

Or there's not many truly "great" prospects that are graded as first rounders, thus lumping a ton of players together in the late teens to 50 area. The Seahawks seemed to think so, which is why they had no qualms giving up a first round pick for Jimmy Graham. 

Quality LT don't last long (see La'Wuan James). There are plenty of analysts calling Fisher the best pure LT in the Draft. He compares extremely favorably to Lane Johnson who went #4 overall. 

This. 

I can not see Fisher lasting past the 1st round. There are only a handful of true LT prospects and he is one of them. On top of that, he probably has the best hands & technique of them all to go along with being the most athletic. 

This. 

I can not see Fisher lasting past the 1st round. There are only a handful of true LT prospects and he is one of them. On top of that, he probably has the best hands & technique of them all to go along with being the most athletic. 

Yep, if you look at his toolbox it's really not hard to see why he would be a coveted prospect. My guess is he's gone by Detroit at 23, but I hope I'm wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...