• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deflate-Gate: Patriots Being Investigated For Deflated Footballs

The reported deflated balls, certainly didn't determine the Patriots blowing out the Colts, but if it's proven that  cheating was involved there should be a penalty.

My gut feeling is that Bill Bllicheat himself, would not risk a penalty on something  that minor,although it's been proven he would do it on a larger scale.

Problem is,once a team has a history of cheating, team  members, other than the HC may feel it is alright to bend the rules in their favor.

Who are you even talking too? I haven't seen anybody say deflated balls was why the Colts lost. I know I'm not remotely implying that. If the Pats used under inflated balls contrary to the rules. - that's cheating. That simple point has nothing to do with excuses, the final score, or hate for any franchise. It's pretty basic....I'm opposed to cheating regardless of who's doing it - that's just me.

And if they broke the rules then they will pay the price.

When a team goes to 9 AFC championships and 6 Superbowls in a 12 year span, an average of 50% they in the Superbowl, then everyone that cant handle it will always come up with excuses just to make themselves feel better.

I dont like Cheating either, but many times it wasnt cheating, it was just operating outside the norms and someone with more money made a stink about it.

The footballa can weight between 13-14 ounces and are inspected and marked before they go to play and marked when they are taken out of play.

Nothings impossible, but I just find it difficult for someone to have deflated the balls and then expect an official not to notice.

Its not cheating to be smarter than other teams, use the rules against them, execute their plays better than anyone.

Like the spygate. Its just haterade. All teams have tape on each other. Mike Rucker once bragged that we killed mike Vick because we got their snap count.

You have a playbook and can make in game adjustments.

Only cowards and losers blame other people for their shortcomings and failures.

I get what you are saying, but after years of allegations and some of it proved to be true. When do the Cheatroits stop getting the benefit of the doubt? 

The refs are tasked with inspecting each ball and making sure it is fit for play. That's not the job of either team. If under-inflated balls are being allowed into the game that's on the refs.

This is just a Colts beat writer who would rather write a story about "omg look at these patriot meanie heads!" and not write about how the Colts got beatdown 45-7 and their golden boy first ballot HOF QB played like garbage.

Any attempt to subvert the rules to gain an unfair advantage shows a distinct lack of integrity. That may not mean much to you, it obvious it doesn't mean anything to the Pats, but thank goodness it isn't a lost concept on everyone.

I have no idea if it's true but Im sure we will find out.

If they broke the rules, then they deserved to be punished as such. My point was the score was 45-7! This wasn't a close game at any point and the ref's supposedly checked the game balls at half time. So this is an attempt to minimize the result of the game and turn it into a classic, "the Patriots cheat" argument.

I am a man of integrity personally and professionally and while I find it repulsive to thing that the Patriots would deflate balls below the threshold allowed, the balls were checked, the game continued, and the Patriots in true Patriot form came out and dominated the second half.

And if they broke the rules then they will pay the price.

When a team goes to 9 AFC championships and 6 Superbowls in a 12 year span, an average of 50% they in the Superbowl, then everyone that cant handle it will always come up with excuses just to make themselves feel better.

I dont like Cheating either, but many times it wasnt cheating, it was just operating outside the norms and someone with more money made a stink about it.

The footballa can weight between 13-14 ounces and are inspected and marked before they go to play and marked when they are taken out of play.

Nothings impossible, but I just find it difficult for someone to have deflated the balls and then expect an official not to notice.

I'm not passing judgement....I have no idea of whether it's true or not. Defending the Pats record isn't necessary because it's not about the Patriots. My point is simple. I think cheating doesn't make you smart, it means you lack basic integrity. That's all and it goes for all teams so please don't make the Pats some martyr for being accused.

you want to punish them, take their afc title from them and put the colts in the superbowl. They will never cheat again.

Why would they do that? The Colts were playing with a regulation ball against the Patriots defense, not the Patriots' offense. The Patriots offense still had to run its plays, which the Colts' defense still failed to stop. What difference would it make if it was true? The Patriots win 24-7 instead of 45-7? It had nothing to do with the Colts' lack of offensive production.

Doesn't matter. Cheating is cheating and it damages the integrity and credibility of the game and the league. Especially from a team that's been busted before - recently.

Fine, hold that against them. The fact of the matter is they have been the epitome of a championship Franchise for going on 15 years now and not all of that has come as a result of supposed cheating.

You all are beginning to sound like the whiners on ESPN comment sections simply because you read an article and completely agreed with what was presented to you without knowing the actual facts of the situation. Everyone knows the job of the media is to stir the pot, especially in sports journalism. It has taken on a form of yellow journalism used to create hysteria and manufacture hatred, or love for one team or another. It is good for the media to continue the narrative that Andrew Luck is the second coming The Golden Calf of Bristol due to the story line they began creating since he was at Stanford.

Why would they do that? The Colts were playing with a regulation ball against the Patriots defense, not the Patriots' offense. The Patriots offense still had to run its plays, which the Colts' defense still failed to stop. What difference would it make if it was true? The Patriots win 24-7 instead of 45-7? It had nothing to do with the Colts' lack of offensive production.

Exactly, 45-7! People just dislike the Patriots, in the words of the fictional character Kim Jong Un, "They hate us because a they ain't us!".

And that's what I read from many of my fellow Panther's fans. It's relatively easy to view this objectively but many of you have already formed your opinion on the Patriots since that 2003 loss.

I found it interesting that an officials time out during the game held up play because they didn't have the right ball on the line of scrimmage for NE by the ball boy?.....................First time I ever saw that in a game.

Does anyone remember when NE won a playoff game with a snow plow clearing the ground for the FG kicker to have a clean kick.......but that plow was no where to be found for the opposing team when they had to kick a FG.

Maybe it was the first time you NOTICED it. For the love of The Golden Calf of Bristol, did none of you fools here take psychology 101 and understand how you're personal feelings toward a team or person could affect the way you view things?

There was a delay before the third-quarter-opening kickoff that might have included game officials investigating the balls the Patriots were using.

So on that note 17-7 Balls where checked then Brady and company score 28 unanswered.

after the check this sounds like the NFL digging at something that's not there to protect Luck

So if a ball has less pressure, that makes it impossible for a defense to stop an offense? Who knew? ~SARCASM

The Colts' offense couldn't muster more than 7 points using the same size footballs that they use every game? Who knew? ~SARCASM

If they broke the rules, then they deserved to be punished as such. My point was the score was 45-7! This wasn't a close game at any point and the ref's supposedly checked the game balls at half time. So this is an attempt to minimize the result of the game and turn it into a classic, "the Patriots cheat" argument.

I am a man of integrity personally and professionally and while I find it repulsive to thing that the Patriots would deflate balls below the threshold allowed, the balls were checked, the game continued, and the Patriots in true Patriot form came out and dominated the second half.

I'm not doubting your integrity at all....My points were directed towards the "theory that a team may have cheated" and not directly at the Pats specifically in this game because we don't know if it's true.

Nobody is saying they won the game because of deflated balls. But say officials are paid off in a game between say UNC and, I don't know, Sister Mary's Nuns. Just because Carolina beats them by 100 doesnt mean cheating should be ignored

The ref's checked the balls. Now if you want to say ref's aided in the outcome of a 45-7 game go ahead. The only way to solve this type of issue, or at least absolve the possibility is by putting ref's on a fixed salary and make it a full time job for them. They have no incentive to not accept kick backs as their checks are not guaranteed.

And UNC would never win by 100. Not on a boat with a goat, with a bear with no hair, with a mosquito drinking a mojito.

I'm not doubting your integrity at all....My points were directed towards the "theory that a team may have cheated" and not directly at the Pats specifically in this game because we don't know if it's true.

I would prefer that people accept their spanking like a 4 year old, and move on. Test the balls if you want but 45-7 isn't a fluke, especially given the Colts history against the Patriots since Luck has arrived. The result shouldn't be any more surprising than the Seahawks come back.

Archived