• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Gettleman be tempted to draft Gurley @ 25?

CatMan72

If Landon Collins is gone. 

If the top 3 WR are gone. (Cooper, White & Parker)

If the top 3 LT are gone.  (Scherff, Peat & Flowers)

...then I think Gettlemen could definitely pick Gurley. As we all know by now Gettlemen will take BPA and it is highly likely that Gurley could be BPA at #25 plus he would fit a position of need if D.Will is cut. Stewart/Gurley in the backfield would be amazing. 

We're a run first ground and pound offense that relies on our defense.

Why would we not take him if he's there?

Because we want to be more than just a run 1st offense. .

And you can still be that without 2 1st round pick backs on the roster. .

RB in the 1st is a wasted pick.. Especially 1 coming off a major injury. .

Because we want to be more than just a run 1st offense. .

And you can still be that without 2 1st round pick backs on the roster. .

RB in the 1st is a wasted pick.. Especially 1 coming off a major injury. .

I don't think that you can blanket all RBs, or any position really, by saying that they are wasted picks in a certain round.  That depends on the RB and the market.  

Gurley was arguably on his way to being a top 10 pick in this year's draft before his injury, and if he gets the two thumbs up from team doctors/trainers, he may still go in the first round.  His injury is nothing like Marcus Lattimore's. The injury was to his ACL without any additional damage.  

I don't think that you can blanket all RBs, or any position really, by saying that they are wasted picks in a certain round. That depends on the RB and the market.

Gurley was arguably on his way to being a top 10 pick in this year's draft before his injury, and if he gets the two thumbs up from team doctors/trainers, he may still go in the first round. His injury is nothing like Marcus Lattimore's. The injury was to his ACL without any additional damage.

I'm sorry we have had 1st round draft pick RB on this roster and done nothing. .

It's a position with a 3-4 year shelf life. .

You over use one (300 carries) and they are pretty much no good the next year..

We already have money in the position. .

All we need is depth not a starter. .

More teams are getting impact from RB'S not drafted highly (Arian Foster, Alford Morris).

We have Cam who can help any run game be good..

Yep, and that includes Gurley. Give me Gurley any day over an OT like Ty Sambrailo or a WR outside of the top three guys.

See this is where i dont understand some of you guys thinking in the draft process. In my years of watching it seems more pro bowl guys come from steals in the latter rounds than so in the first. There is a long list and just the top 3 at wr aren't going to be the only successful guys drafted i can guarantee that. There is value in every round and big names usually end up as big busts.

...big names usually end up as big busts.

http://datascopeanalytics.com/what-we-think/2012/05/01/the-chance-of-a-bust-in-the-nfl-draft

It's all relative. Big names are bigger busts because you invest more money and resources into them, and have higher expectations as a result, not because they are inherently more apt to bust on a relative basis. They also have a higher relative success rate than later round picks.

I believe the seafags will somehow get gurley. Only them and 49ers could take gurley and it would be fine in my book.

I'll just add, gurley has first round talent even in this terrible RB era. The problem is value, say gurley has a 92 on your scale. That's a top 15 on your scale. Then you grade all the others, lots of 80s and high 70s. Ok what recent history shows you can get a 82 RB in 4th and even get 79 in the 5th. That's where value is put into your formula. Is it smart for a team full of holes to spend their 12th overall pick on gurley or wait a few rounds and still get a great RB? Or even cover yourself by signing a vet, cause the market is beyond great form a team standpoint. 2mill and under gets a legit NFL RB in todays market. Last year toby gerheart got 3yr 13mill deal more than mjd, c2k, forsett(1,500 yards@vet min). Gano our kicker got 4yrs 12 million, sad times for RBs indeed.

Dave values DL, like most smart GMs do. If a 92 rated DE/LT is there along with a 92 rated RB, you take the DE/LT 10/10. Then scoop up a 83 rated RB in the 4th and wack your value boner.

So far I think Bleacher Report has had the best analysis for what G-Man will do. They have us picking an OT, I think dude from Colorado State but stated they have no clue what we will do and know we won't reach. So at least they know that for sure. Must've been paying attention the last year. Even though G-Man did reach for Kug.

So far I think Bleacher Report has had the best analysis for what G-Man will do. They have us picking an OT, I think dude from Colorado State but stated they have no clue what we will do and know we won't reach. So at least they know that for sure. Must've been paying attention the last year. Even though G-Man did reach for Kug.

Sambrailo sucks. Ridiculously weak in run blocking and gets beat with power almost every time a DE goes to it.

I wouldn't be upset if the Panthers drafted Gurley at 25. Todd Gurley is from Tarboro, NC. He has been the talk of that town for a while. A lot of people expect him to do great things and give back to his community, who has struggled and facing poverty in that 252 region. Todd Gurley getting draft at 25 is good value in my opinion and maybe the BPA when we pick. What will determine the pick is how healthy will he be and how much the FO really values the running back position? In the end I doubt that he will be the pick, but I wouldn't be too upset if the Panthers drafted him and it could be a blessing in disguise if he regains form which I think he can do.

I am just hoping that you have enough GMs with the same sentiment that some of the people in this thread have (which I seriously doubt). That way TG will fall to us in the second. Get DGB in the first, TG in the second and Ogbuehi in the third, and that would be unbelievable talent and value.

If Gurley was to fall all the way to second and is still on board when we pick their is no way we can past that up. But I highly doubt it he will be there in second round especially by the time we pick. At 25 is different and I can see him being around there but I highly doubt in the second round. If he was though, I would hop on that train!

Archived