• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JAX Trip Details

RoaringRiot

Have you been to Jax Landing recently? I lived there up until about 2 years ago and it was just awful then. Nothing goes on there. I typically avoided downtown Jax at all costs, but when we did go, we went to Kickbacks Gastropub. Somewhat pricey, but tons of quality beer.

Yes I was there last weekend - which is how/why I gave my opinion and description of the place. 

Interesting. Must have changed quite a bit. I'll check it out next weekend.

I doubt it's changed at all. Have you been to the Epicentre lately? I think my comparison was pretty accurate. 

Going out on Saturday night to the Landing isn't why we're going on this trip. In fact...it has almost nothing to do with this trip. It's a place next to our hotel - which is in Downtown - which is close to the stadium - with a bunch of bars for people to go to. 

Again....with as many Panthers fans as we're going to have here we could post up at a Chili's bar and it would be fine. 

I doubt it's changed at all. Have you been to the Epicentre lately? I think my comparison was pretty accurate. 

Going out on Saturday night to the Landing isn't why we're going on this trip. In fact...it has almost nothing to do with this trip. It's a place next to our hotel - which is in Downtown - which is close to the stadium - with a bunch of bars for people to go to. 

Again....with as many Panthers fans as we're going to have here we could post up at a Chili's bar and it would be fine. 

Last time I was at Jax Landing was like late 2012 and it was absolutely nothing like the Epicentre. It was about 90% family restaurants. Glad it has changed and is suitable for your purpose. Was just asking to make sure you had been there, because the website made it seem much better than it was back then.

Actually making a trip to that shithole Jacksonville sounding appealing is indeed yeoman's work. Good job RR, now time for the NFL to think the game deserves a Thursday night time slot.

Noooooo....don't say that. I'm already sweating it.

Well... Won't be a Thursday. Won't be a Monday. Can't imagine it would be a Sunday night. Worst case scenario is it's a 430p game but that doesn't seen likely either. This definitely has the makings of a 1p game.

Devil's advocate......isn't there a rule in place that every team has to appear on Thursday night at least one time during the season? The Faguars never play the Sunday after the WLOCP, so you don't have to worry about that at all, a plus.

TNF is almost always a divisional matchup

Archived