• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Greg Hardy won't be reinstated because he hasn't been disciplined yet

Montsta

No they don't but why do you think they are digging to find out what happened with the case? They could have gone ahead and suspended Hardy the very day the charges were dismissed.

To determine the severity of the punishment

If it was that easy, they would have gone ahead and suspended him either when the case first started or right after the charges were dismissed. Why haven't they?

Basically.^ This. ^

Goodell has nothing on Hardy.  It's why they are scraping the bottom of the barrel,  trying to get info from the DA and the transcripts from Hardy.       Goodell is desperate to find something,  anything,  that will allow him to be justified in the eyes of the union and the courts (Since Hardy will probably get the courts involved if Goodell oversteps),  when it comes to punishing Hardy.

Otherwise he would've been "punished" last season.

I say he was found guilty bc he was.

I say he appealed

I say he paid her off before round 2

And I say the quirky NC law that voids the first verdict technically speaking ....isn't something that makes it all go away for Hardy in terms of the NFL looking. He will be punished.

That is what I say.

The quirk is that he had no choice but to sit through a trial by judge to have a jury trial. If there were the option in NC like in some states he would have probably opted for a trial by jury to begin with, which he would have been more likely to win. That is why NC has trial de novo which makes it as though the judge trial never happened. It is not a quirk or a loophole that the judges decision is vacated if you opt for a jury trial.

Also there is certainly no proof that she has been paid off. I am of the understanding that if he had done that it would be considered a crime. I would imagine if they had evidence they would bring charges. Im guessing they cant provide any evidence other than hearsay.

The quirk is that he had no choice but to sit through a trial by judge to have a jury trial. If there were the option in NC like in some states he would have probably opted for a trial by jury to begin with, which he would have been more likely to win. That is why NC has trial de novo which makes it as though the judge trial never happened. It is not a quirk or a loophole that the judges decision is vacated if you opt for a jury trial.

Also there is certainly no proof that she has been paid off. I am of the understanding that if he had done that it would be considered a crime. I would imagine if they had evidence they would bring charges. Im guessing they cant provide any evidence other than hearsay.

But again, the courts determine what does or doesn't happen to Greg in terms of his actual life.

NFL doesn't need proof of any that nor does it simply say well we won't punish Greg bc the legal system didn't.

But again, the courts determine what does or doesn't happen to Greg in terms of his actual life.

NFL doesn't need proof of any that nor does it simply say well we won't punish Greg bc the legal system didn't.

By your standards, they should have put Ray McDonald on the exempt list. Why wasn't he placed there?

What crime was Riley Cooper charged of when Philly disciplined him?

What crime was Big Ben charged with when the NFL disciplined him?

None of those scenarios are comparbale to each other and none are comparbale to Hardy. What they show is the NFL/teams can and will discipline players and it has nothing to do with the legal system.

McDonald was left off the list because his team stood up for him I thought.       While the Panthers bent over and allowed Goodell to dictate who we activate and who we deactivate.....basically forcing Hardy to sign the list and not play,  or,  don't sign the list and still not play due to being deactivated every game.

Archived