• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting a team from scratch

JJman Returns

Who would you pick to start your NBA franchise?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Lebron James
    • Kevin Durant
    • Russell Westbrook
    • Stephen Curry
    • James Harden
    • Anthony Davis
    • Paul George

Ok, you can pick Lebron and get that great 5 years left in him, but I'm going to pick Davis and have him run my franchise for 13+ years at a high performance. I understand how great Lebron is, but we are talking about someone you can build a dynasty with. Lebron doesn't have that much time. And when it's all said and done I think Davis will be at least the 2nd best PF of all time. Need to see how many rings he wins to compare him with Duncan.

That's crazy you already counting rings. He hasn't even been in the playoffs yet.

See, that's what I mean.. Guys act like Lebron 2rings and Duncan's 5 just were plucked off the lowest hanging branch. These things we are seeing are stuff of legends that we will talk about when we r old and in our rocking chairs. Like old farts who try and say Bill Russell is the best of all time.. "young bloods don't know they history.."

That's crazy you already counting rings. He hasn't even been in the playoffs yet.

See, that's what I mean.. Guys act like Lebron 2rings and Duncan's 5 just were plucked off the lowest hanging branch. These things we are seeing are stuff of legends that we will talk about when we r old and in our rocking chairs. Like old farts who try and say Bill Russell is the best of all time.. "young bloods don't know they history.."

No...that's what I'm saying. He doesn't even have to win a ring to be the 2nd greatest PF of all time. Malone and Barkley didn't get one...and his production at 21 years of age is just as great as any season they have ever had. This dude is the real deal. He is now currently competing for a playoff spot in the west with a mediocre Pelicans team. He is the only reason why they are in the spot that they are in. If you don't think that he will ever even compete for a ring though, you are delusional. It's pretty simple, If New Orleans doesn't put the pieces around him to be successful, he will walk and choose a team that will just like Lebron. 

No...that's what I'm saying. He doesn't even have to win a ring to be the 2nd greatest PF of all time. Malone and Barkley didn't get one...and his production at 21 years of age is just as great as any season they have ever had. This dude is the real deal. He is now currently competing for a playoff spot in the west with a mediocre Pelicans team. He is the only reason why they are in the spot that they are in. If you don't think that he will ever even compete for a ring though, you are delusional. It's pretty simple, If New Orleans doesn't put the pieces around him to be successful, he will walk and choose a team that will just like Lebron. 

I am not arguing that Anthony Davis isn't good.. I agree that he is a tremendous building block (cornerstone for any team). I still get pissed at highlights of him and thinking how we got jobbed in the draft. But at the end of the day- he is not Lebron, he is not MJ, he is not Kobe, he is not Duncan. he is not a top 5 player of ALL TIME. You can say he has the potential to become that, but he ain't there yet.

By the way, your argument of "winning rings to be 2nd best PF" is neither here nor there.. we aren't discussing who the best PF is or isn't. We are asking who would you want to start a franchise with, and I want my franchise to win rings. Not just claim we had the best player Ever at a certain position.

I am not arguing that Anthony Davis isn't good.. I agree that he is a tremendous building block (cornerstone for any team). I still get pissed at highlights of him and thinking how we got jobbed in the draft. But at the end of the day- he is not Lebron, he is not MJ, he is not Kobe, he is not Duncan. he is not a top 5 player of ALL TIME. You can say he has the potential to become that, but he ain't there yet.

By the way, your argument of "winning rings to be 2nd best PF" is neither here nor there.. we aren't discussing who the best PF is or isn't. We are asking who would you want to start a franchise with, and I want my franchise to win rings. Not just claim we had the best player Ever at a certain position.

If you gave Anthony Davis the pieces that Duncan or Lebron have/had do you not think your franchise would win rings? 

Archived