• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Brenton Bersin really that bad?

TN05

Taste of your own medicine. I mean, if people on the internet start ignoring you, who would you ever talk to? I am actually laughing at you. You are very entertaining, but nobody whose directives I would take seriously.

3 post dedicated to butt hurt.. I'm impress..lol

Arguing with KKL is like going to the aquarium and ignoring the "Don't tap the glass" signs.

You know it's wrong but golly gee is it fun to see those fish get worked up over something so minor.

Or like playing against Mj's Bull teams.. You know your going to lose but you keep on tryin. .

You get a A for effort. .

1st thanks for staying on topic..

But my opinion is he isn't good enough to be a starter in a 3 wide set.. Especially if the 3wide also includes Cotchery. .

Just my opinion he is a 4th /5th wr not good enough to be starter.. If KB got hurt would you feel like Bersin could in anyway fill his role?? No.. Then add in the fact he offers nothing on special teams. . Now you have a WR on your roster not good enough to start in a pinch and isn't giving anything on special teams. .

Dead weight..

Then 32 teams in the league currently carry dead weight...

Then 32 teams in the league currently carry dead weight...

Go down the roster of the other 32 teams and tell me how many 4th or 5th WR he is better than..

That means their 4th or 5th WR isn't helping special teams and putting up the same numbers as Bersin. .

Go down the roster of the other 32 teams and tell me how many 4th or 5th WR he is better than..

That means their 4th or 5th WR isn't helping special teams and putting up the same numbers as Bersin. .

Well if ya wanna go to the stats...

A total of 449 players caught passes in the league this past season. 

Bersin's tally of 13 receptions means he caught more passes than 208 of them.  Among those are the names Denarius Moore, Ricardo Lockett, Jacoby Jones, Dri Archer, Bruce Ellington and..DeAngelo Williams.

Yardage?  Bersin had 113 total.  That puts him ahead of 188 guys, including Frank Gore, Zach Miller, Khiry Robinson and again, DeAngelo Williams.

He was two shy of matching yards with Denarius Moore, but Bersin has a TD on his stats.  Moore does not.

So...Worst receiver in the league?

Not even close.

Well if ya wanna go to the stats...

A total of 449 players caught passes in the league this past season.

Bersin's tally of 13 receptions means he caught more passes than 208 of them. Among those are the names Denarius Moore, Ricardo Lockett, Jacoby Jones, Dri Archer, Bruce Ellington and..DeAngelo Williams.

Yardage? Bersin had 113 total. That puts him ahead of 188 guys, including Frank Gore, Zach Miller, Khiry Robinson and again, DeAngelo Williams.

He was two shy of matching yards with Denarius Moore, but Bersin has a TD on his stats. Moore does not.

So...Worst receiver in the league?

Not even close.

I asked for 4th and 5th WR Scot not Rb and TE..

That wasn't your argument. You asked if he could start in a pinch or fill in for our #1. Nearly every team in the league is carrying someone of that nature at any given position.

That wasn't your argument. You asked if he could start in a pinch or fill in for our #1. Nearly every team in the league is carrying someone of that nature at any given position.

I also said was a help on special teams as well.. What about that part..

Arguing with KKL  is like going to the aquarium and ignoring  the "Don't tap the glass" signs.

You know it's wrong but golly gee is it fun to see those fish get worked up over something so minor. 

Good analogy :lol:

If they'd have had message boards back when Vince Papale played, I wonder how many Philly fans would have freaked out that the Eagles kept him around for three years.

The fun too is that people are actually freaking out about the fifth receiver on the roster, a kid who's highly unlikely to be used on special teams again (especially given that the coach who prepped him for duty isn't in that position anymore) assuming he even makes the roster at all.

Reality is there are probably a hundred or so guys that make an NFL roster by the skin of their teeth on an annual basis.  The vast majority of them might last a year, maybe two at the lost.  Many of them won't even finish a full season, and if they do it could be shuttled back and forth between the 53 and the practice squad.

Bersin is one of those guys.  He had a year's run on a professional football team, and he might get another, but in all likelihood he won't.  He'll end up another of those guys that got to live the dream for a year or so, then moved on to a normal life.

And good for him.

But he's one of a hundred guys who'll do that all across the league.

And freaking out about that is pretty silly.

Archived