• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we make a bid for Dorsey...

PhillyB

...could Dwayne Jarrett be a piece of the puzzle? KC is lacking in good recievers, and while Jarrett has been largely a bust, KC may see him as a good project. He's got raw talent, and they've been able to do some pretty miraculous things with recievers over there.

If we DO go after Dorsey (which may be pipe dreams at this point, but you never know) would Jarrett, a 3rd round pick, and another player be a viable trade?

well, my brain tells my Jarrett has zero value and that you are crazy for even suggesting such........but then I remembered the contract Keary Colbert got after we released him....so I guess you never know what kind of value people place on these guys.

True enough about Colbert CRA, but there is a difference in trading something for someone who seemingly has little or no value and signing a free agent.

I agree about the difference, but giving a piece of crap that kind of a deal Denver did showed that they did think MUCH more highly of him than we did. But, yeah I don't think Jarrett holds any trade value. I don't see Hurney giving up any more picks and I don't see a trade involving only players.

Neither one of them have proven they are a reliable player. The fact of the matter is that Dorsey doesn't fit that scheme and everyone around the league knows it. He can be had for less than what he is worth IMO. He is being misused and underutilized playing a 3-4 end.

yeah it's definitely a long shot, I just thought I'd see what the general consensus was. I think the main thing Jarrett has going for him is raw talent - if there's a coaching staff out there that sees themselves as being able to glean the raw talent from otherwise under-performing receivers, they may see him as prime material. KC seems to be one of those types of teams.

that said, I would definitely take the dorsey/hayden trade straight up. :D

Dorsey isn't happening. His cap value is WAY too high. And good grief, what did he do last year?

he had the most tackles for a rookie defensive tackle in i think the last six years.

that's despite playing out of position

To be honest, Kenny Moore probably has more trade value. Most people looking in on the situation would just assume that Moore could be the odd man out and want to trade for him before he is cut and on the open market. Putting Jarrett up on the trade block just screams Bust.

Moore is going nowhere. Diamond in the rough. Only costing 350K. He will win the a spot in the starting rotation over Jarrett. Jarrett is not intelligent enough to understand the complex NFL playbook that was handed to him

Archived